Shop Direct Finance & CapQuest Debt Recovery Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Forum,

Well I had heard so much about this forum that it seens the best place to post my question and hopefully seek the help that I need (if any solutions exist) to the problems I am faced with Shop Direct & CapQuesr.

In a nutshell, my wife took over her mothers Kay account and was ordering items to be delivered to her mothers address with her complete consent and was paying back the minimum payments as per Kays monthly direct debits.

We had some financial problems and my wife ending up not paying the monthly direct debits and the account fell further and further into arrears until finally its been told to Capquest. Now Capquest has written to my wifes mother with their standard letter saying that they may instruct baliffs, force her to sell her house and so one unless a payment plan is arranged. They are asking for the full amount owing plus all the interest that we would have paid should the items we purchased be paid over the maximum amount of time. The goods she had totalled just under £1600 yet Capquest are asking for £4189.70 now.

I am most definately not disputing that she needs to pay the £1600 however what about the interest and is a correct way to proceed with then ? also whats the best method of communication with CapQuest?

Sorry to ask so many questions but this is something that is causing friction between me and the wife and she knows she screwed up but has left it to me to try and solve as apposed to buying her head in the sand...

Any help or advise would be great.

Cheers

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Firstly, no need to panic at the moment these are just standard threatograms from Crapquest.

Unfortunately, though, it will have to be dealt with by the Account Holder. If the account was opened prior to 2007 then it is probable that there is no legally enforceable Agreement.

The best way forward in my opinion would be to send a CCA Request to Crapquest, this will let them know that they are dealing with people who know what they are about and are not going to be easily fooled.

If they are unable to produce this document (they may well try and send something and say they have complied so you would need to get it checked over on here), the ball will be in your Court so to speak and you can then offer them a payment plan that is acceptable and affordable for yourself, stipulating that this is on the understanding that all charges and interest are removed.

Do everything in writing, tell your MIL not to answer any telephone calls and demand in writing only.

Dealing with the fact that it is your MIL, if she is will to sign a letter designating you as her representative in this matter, it may be possible for all further correspondence to come direct to you.

if you get an agreement back you then need to get a breakdown of the account and see where this magic figure came from

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)