Comet will not exchange faulty machine

4urbabies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I purchased an Indesit washer dryer in November last year.

It has a mind of it's own.

I have now made 7 requests to Comet service for faults, been told to go through their check list to see if that solves my problems. It does NOT.

Problems are intermittent.

Engineer called last month and could not find the fault, said machine was working perfectly.

He did not believe me when I explained what was happening.

Again it played up, Last Sunday I put it on a wash but instead of washing it started to tumble dry my dirty laundry.

I made a video of the control panel at the time to show what it was doing to the engineer.

Yet another engineer called today and could not find a fault.

Showed him the video and he implied that I had created that fault by turning the program knob to another program while the machine was switched on.

I would have had a job, I had not used the machine for 3 days.

I have sent them a letter quoting my rights with the help of consumer direct.

No good, ignored,

Complained to head office,

No good either.

Rang again today to complain and they say they will send another engineer next week to inspect it.

Help!!!!

Guest Comet Response
Hi All,

I purchased an Indesit washer dryer in November last year.

It has a mind of it's own.

I have now made 7 requests to Comet service for faults, been told to go through their check list to see if that solves my problems. It does NOT.

Problems are intermittent.

Engineer called last month and could not find the fault, said machine was working perfectly.

He did not believe me when I explained what was happening.

Again it played up, Last Sunday I put it on a wash but instead of washing it started to tumble dry my dirty laundry.

I made a video of the control panel at the time to show what it was doing to the engineer.

Yet another engineer called today and could not find a fault.

Showed him the video and he implied that I had created that fault by turning the program knob to another program while the machine was switched on.

I would have had a job, I had not used the machine for 3 days.

I have sent them a letter quoting my rights with the help of consumer direct.

No good, ignored,

Complained to head office,

No good either.

Rang again today to complain and they say they will send another engineer next week to inspect it.

Help!!!!

Hi 4urbabies,

It is clear that we have failed to resolve this matter, If the engineer is unable to find a fault yet there continues to be a problem it is still unacceptable that we have called out 7 times without an appropriate resolution.

I understand that we have since arranged for the engineer to go out today and I will continue to monitor the situation to ensure this matter is appropriately resolved.

Thanks

Matt from Comet

Hi all,

Success at last.

The engineer has just been, he said he did believe me and has spoken to his boss, seems it is not the first one with this problem.

I have now got to wait for some one to telephone me with an SED number, when I get that I can pop in to the store and get it exchanged.

All I can say is THANK YOU COMET ENGINEER.

Good luck to others. It has been an hard battle.

Got a good question for you comet guys.

I have to go and order a replacement machine now, but the one they are taking back is on a credit agreement via comet.

The machine I am thinking about is more expensive and highly recommended by the engineer.

If I can not afford the difference in cash what do I do??

Do they refund the original back to the company who financed it and star again or what???

Guest Comet Response
Got a good question for you comet guys.

I have to go and order a replacement machine now, but the one they are taking back is on a credit agreement via comet.

The machine I am thinking about is more expensive and highly recommended by the engineer.

If I can not afford the difference in cash what do I do??

Do they refund the original back to the company who financed it and star again or what???

Hi 4urbabies,

I have continued to monitor the situation, and I am pleased to note that this issue has now been resolved to your satisfaction. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me again via our email service.

Regards,

Matt from Comet

Sorted it all out in store no problem.

The Comet engineer who came today recommended the LG washer dryer. It was a lot more expensive but we decided to go for it.

It is being delivered on Thursday.

Thank to all you guys on here, nice to know advice is there for the asking.

Keep up the good work.

And to Matt, nothing personal against Comet staff, but Comet do wind people up the wrong way at times. Felt sorry for the guy in the store as he had never done a return like this before, he was utterly confused but the sales manager was at hand to guide him.