have checked but couldn't find answer re ...Parked beyond the bay markings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if the answer is here but I I've searched specifically for rules and regulations regarding bay markings in council car parks and can't find them.

I've been issued a PCN for 'parked beyond bay markings' and although it doesn't help me, I realize now that I didn't park between a T and an (upside down) L ...I parked at the end of a bay leaving about 8 feet to end of fence before car park entrance. I wasn't obstructing traffic and it wasn't my intention to park illegally...I just didn't notice the 'end' bay marking on the right. So, I've been searching for the regulations for car park markings. Is there one to abide to? The highway code doesn't have anything. I'm searching for any recourse here.

It strikes me that this is a sneaky way of money grabbing to the unintentional rule breaker. I was hurriedly making my way to a museum that pointed us to the council car park (within walking distance)..This is Chiltern District Coucil - Buryfield Car Park. Half term..it was completely full except for this ample spot. On returning and seeing the ticket, I did speak to another ticketing officer and although he wasn't the one who issued it he admitted it seemed ok where I was parked.

I can supply photos. I emailed them to the council voluntarily along with another car that was parked ok in the car park but there were no bay markings around that car. They say that has no bearing on my case. The angle of my photos show that I'm well tucked in however, their photos make my car appear like it is sticking out. Hmmm.

So while I probably have broken the rules unintentionally, I would like to know if they can be caught out on their rule...ie the other car parked without parkings or a restricted area that really should be hatched out?

Thanks for any advice.

what you want to see would be the parking places order for this car park which you would request in any appeal you make.

Can we see the PCN mate- front and back please plus the photos you mentioned along with the email and reply.

Ta.