HP car written off, Insurance not covered

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

I purchased a car on hp with blackhorse about 1.5 yrs ago. It had a 4 year repayment but unfortunately the car was involved in an accident was written off but only had 3rd party, fire theft insurance.

I called blackhorse and they said i would have to pay it off regardless of if the car was written off.

Was just wondering if this had happened to anyone or any advice regarding this.

Many thanks.

I think you will find this is normal practice in such a situation. You made the decision to insure the car TPFT and the only way in which you might recover the costs of the car are if there is a third party who was involved in the accident who is at fault. Sadly the loan is still outstanding and will need to be paid.

whose fault was the accident?

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

If the accident was your fault, why do you think they will terminate the agreement? You caused the damage, you chose to insure 3rd party... your problem unfortunately.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

You usually have to specify that you want GAP in the first instance, and all GAP will do is to make up the shortfall between what the insurance company pay out and what was paid for the car when it was purchased (depending on the type of GAP policy purchased). Some GAP policies will provide a replacement car.