m&s going round in circles

wittsend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I have a chargecard account and a personal reserve account with narky spenders

both been on reduced payments for about 4 years

about july last year got a letter from m&s to say they would be working in partnership with Rockwell

I quote "Rockwell Debt Recovery are one of our established Debt Collection Agencies with whom we have been working for many years."

now we have been geting phonecalls from Rockwell but they have never left a message or put anything in writing

october 2010 receive a letter from M&S asking for me to contact them within 7 days to 'review my current financial situation'

sent them a letter up to date i&e offer of prorata payment, stating i would contact them in the new year as i had been offered a temporary contract that would start in feb and could mabe up my payment by a couple of quid then,

dec 2010 letter from M&S they would like me to contact then within 7 days to review my current financial situation??

Letter sent with copy of 1st letter

jan 2011 contents as before, ignored

jan 2011 letter stating that no payment has been received since the 14th jan

Letter back stating , the jan payment is due to be paid on the 14 th so how can i not pay something before it is due

also I have been in touch and gave them the dates of the letters sent and enclosed copys

I also took this oportunity to inform them of the slightly increased payment I would be making in feb

sent this recorded and it was signed for

today I receive a letter ' please contact us within 7 days to review your current financial situation'

All the letters i wrote stated that i did not discuss my financial details over the phone and all corespondence should be in writing

can anyone offer any advice to make them listen

thanks for reading witts:mad2:

• 2 weeks later...

hi there. well i too have an on going never ending problem with m&s too. m&s do this to everyone i think. if you look on this website a lot under m&s, m&s money etc you will find many more stories like yours. they tend to ignore whatever questions u send recorded delivery or not!

my advice is you have done everything right - keep all proof of delivery and note all post u receive from them with date u recvd it. just send em whatever u have told them and get on with yr life!

they like to play this silly merry go round!

however, if yr card was originally a m&s storecard with a low limit - then changed to a mastercard later on without yr signature etc (like mine was) then u may want to research this under unenforceable credit agreements. i am not paying them anything now as they did this to 1000's of people back about 2003 ish and if u didnt sign up for a mastercard then its not legally enforcable! good luck!

:cheer2: Pretty Princess Charlie :cheer2:

• 2 weeks later...