DPA sent 21/03/06-Question ?

snoopy71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering does the date on the letter count as the start of the 40 days or do i have to wait for "Royal snail mail" to do its thing and deliver it?

The letter was sent with a cheque incidentally.

The 40 days start when they receive the payment..

Halifax - DPA sent 03/03/06.

Prelim Letter - Sent 27/03/06 ignored.

LBA sent 10/04/06 - Ignored

Moneyclaim filed - 26.04.06

Acknowledgement received 3rd May. Halifax state they intend to defend.

Halifax Settled in Full - 17 May 2006

If you've found this post helpful, I would be grateful if you could click on the 'Scales of Justice' button in the top right corner of this post.

have received no response from either Natwest or Halifax am sending recorded deliveries of reminder letters to both of them that they have till 1st May.

Reading another post (cheddars) on here I think I will also send a cheque (again) but this time for £15 to ensure I do not get messed around by Natwest. That way I get full DPA and statements.

I have also asked them to ensure that any envelopes used are "fit for purpose" to ensure my statements survive the postal journey

have sent a reminder letter today by registered post saying

John Cunnane

Manager

Customer Relations Unit - Depot Code 040

225 Shenley Road,

Borehamwood,

WD6 1TE

06/04/06

Data Protection Act disclosure request

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxx

Despite my letter dated 21/03/04 (enclosed) I have received no response or contact from Nat. West regarding this matter.

Also as there has been no debit from my account with the cheque I enclosed as per my instruction that was clearly stated in my previous letter I can only assume Nat. West have not acted upon my request at all.

If you cannot or will not provide me with my personal information requested or information about manual intervention etc I require written notification of this.

To expedite this situation I enclose a cheque for £15 to ensure cover of the cost of my original DPA request (which I initially sent a cheque for £10) and for statements as well as I am aware that you consider these two things to be different.

If you have any queries regarding this request please in the first instance call me on xxxxxxxxxxx as I wouldn’t wish a further delay by further correspondence.

I wish to remind Nat. West by way of this letter that irrespective of Bank Holidays should I not have my reasonable request fulfilled by the 1st May, I will on the 2nd May be complaining to the Information Commissioner of Nat.West’s failure to respond within 40 days from my original request.

yours faithfully,

Mr xxxxxxxxxxxx

I was trying to leave them no alternative but to give me what i need so am hoping they will just deliver info??

As I am no longer a customer of theirs I guess I am zero on their list of priorities.

It will be interesting to see what they have charged me as I didn't have a high O/D limit with Natwest they were always too tight. Unlike Halifax they only owe me approx £400.

Will keep you updated as I am sticking to my timeline of 2nd May

have just received a reply to my reminder of my original dpa letter sent 20th march from Stuart Higley it reads

Thank you for letter dated etc

Regretably there is no trace of this letter (I didnt send 1st letter recorded doh!) but I have initiated the neccesary action for you to be supplied with copy statements of your account for past six years and aubject access information under the DPA

The former will be sent asap and the latter within 40 days. i also acknowledge receipt of your £15 payment.

In so far as charges are concerned we believe that they are fair, reasonable and transaprent. We consider the amounts debited to your account have been applied strictly in accordance with your agrrement with us and our published tariff which we are satisfied complies with all applicable laws and regs. We are also commited to ensuring the transparency of the information that we give to our customers about the operation of our products.

Quite interesting that he said the last six years as I quite clearly stated the dates from and to in my original letter they obviously now have a template letter/reply.

Once again thak you for writing.

Stuart Higley

defender of all things crooked

(sorry I mean Customer realtions)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

with one day to go they delivered the statements bugger.

I was looking forward to putting in a complaint.

Again broken envelope and red number on the back mine was 466 though?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have after sending the LBA recieved another reply letter from crapwest similar to the last letter I wrote about.

To me it reads as a final response (i am no longer a Natwest customer so didn't expect even an offer) so do I have to wait till the 14 days are up??

Letter goes along the lines of "Sorry that you feel this way.... understand what your course of action.... is please make sure you send it to our registered office..."

Other than my question above will I harm my case if I put the address down of my local bank despite the letters insistence??

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks