LLy*ds bank

gem24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

My wife was over the last few years viciously overcharged by LL*yds bank, sometimes at a rate of £90- £120 per month once the cycle started.

She has since had to close her actt as all her p/t wages were beiing eaten up by charges and they were not appreciative of her distress.

(The class action stopping was a big blow to us as the claims process stopped dead.)

Since then. debt calls have been on a regular basis, and I want to get this stopped and take action. They took £1200 in charges in one year and my wife could not face telling me. Now I want to take action, as the bank statements show LL*yds in a very bad light indeed and I cannot see how they could defend them in any court.

I want to start some sort of initial private action to try to get all this harrassment stopped, and her charges (or some of them) returned. The total is about £2400. We will go to court if neccesary.

Can anyone please help me start the process so we can begin help to redress the balance of unfairness that is prevalent in todays financial industry.

Our credit card(pa*pal) have also just increased our interest rates without telling us. I want to start getting on top of all this, so any help will be graciously recieved. Thanks, Tom.

Edited by gem24

Hi all.

My wife was over the last few years viciously overcharged by LL*yds bank, sometimes at a rate of £90- £120 per month once the cycle started.

She has since had to close her actt as all her p/t wages were beiing eaten up by charges and they were not appreciative of her distress.

(The class action stopping was a big blow to us as the claims process stopped dead.)

Since then. debt calls have been on a regular basis, and I want to get this stopped and take action. They took £1200 in charges in one year and my wife could not face telling me. Now I want to take action, as the bank statements show LL*yds in a very bad light indeed and I cannot see how they could defend them in any court.

I want to start some sort of initial private action to try to get all this harrassment stopped, and her charges (or some of them) returned. The total is about £2400. We will go to court if neccesary.

Can anyone please help me start the process so we can begin help to redress the balance of unfairness that is prevalent in todays financial industry.

Our credit card(pa*pal) have also just increased our interest rates without telling us. I want to start getting on top of all this, so any help will be graciously recieved. Thanks, Tom.

Hi gem24, I'm afraid bank charge reclaiming is all but dead after the court ruling last year. The judge may not like the charges but he/she cant overrule the supreme court on their ruling. The case in scotland that was progressing has run into trouble getting funding so at the moment I dont think anyone is claiming moneys back for bank charges.

As to the interest rate on your credit card they HAVE to tell you prior to increasing it UNLESS it was a previously advised increase.. as part of the opening of the account, a reduced apr% to increase later? If you have definatly never had any warning of this change I would in the first instance complain to the credit card company and then if they fob you off the FOS.

S.

Thanks shadow, the banks win again.:-x

Actually, as well as changing the interest rate, I today found out that Payp*l have closed our account as we have not used the card for over a year(It was for emergency's only), even though we have never missed a payment. They still want us to continue to pay off the balance. No online access or anything:mad2:

Shadow, if we took them to the the small claims court, do you think LL*yds may back down and make an offer rather than show their face and defend the indefensible?.

Thanks shadow, the banks win again.:-x

Actually, as well as changing the interest rate, I today found out that Payp*l have closed our account as we have not used the card for over a year(It was for emergency's only), even though we have never missed a payment. They still want us to continue to pay off the balance. No online access or anything:mad2:

Shadow, if we took them to the the small claims court, do you think LL*yds may back down and make an offer rather than show their face and defend the indefensible?.

Paypay do have the right to close the account but must let you pay off at the current apr when they do so... they must have advised you by post tho before doing this? Do they have your current correct address? I think you seriously should be making a complaint first to paypal as a "formal Complaint" and then to the FOS if they fob you off.

As to lloyds, the pattern recently for anyone challenging has been for them to fight nasty and send big expensive barristers to local courts to fight on their behalf... they dont want to see reclaiming get off the ground again.

S.