Problems at hubbys work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Hubby got promoted last year to a middle management job with all the promises of training and support if needed.

What a joke!!!!

He has had 4 days training, and is now doing the work of 3 persons, to the point he has been to the docs and now on anti-depressants and sleeping tablets.

He has asked for help from his manager and the area managers, and has even asked for a transfer to another branch down south so he can be beside family, and I can get the support for our disabled son.

He asked for more training and help but to no avail, also there was a company takeover, and new computer systems in place, to which he has had NO training in at all.

No imagine this, he has spoken to other colleagues i nthe same position as him, and they all have at least 8 more staff under them, including 3 to help them, my hubby has 2 and none to help him!!!

His doctor wants to sign him off but we cant afford to, so the stress is getting worse and worse to the point we are now at panic attacks!!!

He has been looking for work elsewhere nearer his family, and his manager knows this.

Even today while he called me, his manager barged in on the call(hubby's lunch break) and started talking down to him like a child!!

Is there anything we can do????

Hi,

He did email his immediate supervisor detailling all the problems he was facing, and has a hard copy here at home.

He feels like his manager is trying to get rid of him, and other staff have noticed this too.

An e-mail detailing his problems isn't a grievance - it's evidence for the employer that he can't do his job! Put in a grievance. Managing people out through performance is very easy to do for an employer, and he needs to start gathering evidence as to what he has done to highlight impossible workloads and so on now - before the employer starts.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry not been on for a while, had internet problems and other stuff kicking off at home!!

Well probelms soved, OH has been offered a transfer to another ranch with help and he is taking it as it is nearer family, so now we are moving!!