Who is the Chairman or CEO of NatWest Bank

Iwonthaveit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As per my post above, you have 18 days to respond to a SD.

Is this what you mean by expiry date ?

Have you read about SD's in the thread I linked above.

8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Iwonthaveit,

I refer to the documents you sent to me by PM.

This is not a Statutory Demand. It may be a Default Notice although there are parts of the document you have covered so I can't confirm this.

It looks like you have a loan a/c and the bank is saying there are arrears.

You are not happy because they have refunded over £1200 to the a/c for a refund of PPI but do not regard this as a substitute for the monthly payments they expect you to make to the a/c.

I don't know if you can successfully argue that you don't need to make the monthly repayment(s) because of the PPI refund.

If you can make the payments required, do so to avoid further trouble and adverse data going on your credit files.

If you can't make the required pay'ts, contact the bank in writing saying you want the refund to be accepted as your monthly repayment for whatever month and you'll make the next pay't on time.

Does this make sense.

Reply on thread and not by PM as I may miss this. :-)

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I see you had another thread running about this.

Can you stick to one thread per subject, so Q's and A's are all in the one place.

Thanks 8-)

I see you had another thread running about this.

Can you stick to one thread per subject, so Q's and A's are all in the one place.

Thanks 8-)

Sorry!!!!

Never ask for statements, specifically request a list of transactions

If you do ask for statements you may be charged £10 a time, and over six years that’s £720, yet asking for a list of charges should be fine.

40 Days to comply or seek remedy fronm the information comissioner!!

Don't have it

Hi Iwonthaveit,

I refer to the documents you sent to me by PM.

This is not a Statutory Demand. It may be a Default Notice although there are parts of the document you have covered so I can't confirm this.

It looks like you have a loan a/c and the bank is saying there are arrears.

You are not happy because they have refunded over £1200 to the a/c for a refund of PPI but do not regard this as a substitute for the monthly payments they expect you to make to the a/c.

I don't know if you can successfully argue that you don't need to make the monthly repayment(s) because of the PPI refund.

If you can make the payments required, do so to avoid further trouble and adverse data going on your credit files.

If you can't make the required pay'ts, contact the bank in writing saying you want the refund to be accepted as your monthly repayment for whatever month and you'll make the next pay't on time.

Does this make sense.

Reply on thread and not by PM as I may miss this. :-)

8-)

But when a formal Demand is issued I am still entitled to 14 days til expiry the fact is they deactivated my account on the 17th Jan then after sent me this Formal Demand I am trying to get Natwest to admit that was they sent was a Formal Demand.

I am very sure a demand for payment is supposed to be made (step 1) first then after the customer lapse the 14 days and still does not rectify the situation (step 2) then it sent to recovery and deactivated.

If you do ask for statements you may be charged £10 a time, and over six years that’s £720, yet asking for a list of charges should be fine.

Don't have it

If you want to argue this with the bank, you have every right.

If the bank won't settle this how you want, you can always complain to the FOS although they take forever to investigate and often tend to side with the bank.

Just out of interest, what do you want to achieve with the bank in this case.

8-)

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to argue this with the bank, you have every right.

If the bank won't settle this how you want, you can always complain to the FOS although they take forever to investigate and often tend to side with the bank.

Just out of interest, what do you want to achieve with the bank in this case.

8-)

Thanks Slick132 and fair point thanks again for looking over my documents may I ask would you know how one obtains audio file recordings of conversations with bank? Are they legally obliged to give it to me.

Don't have it

Hi IWHI,

If you haven't already done so, you can send the bank a SAR for data they hold about you. If you want phone recordings, you can specifically mention this and perhaps confirm the dates of the call logs you want.

SAR templates are in the library.

:-)

Hi IWHI,

If you haven't already done so, you can send the bank a SAR for data they hold about you. If you want phone recordings, you can specifically mention this and perhaps confirm the dates of the call logs you want.

SAR templates are in the library.

thanks Slick132 I have but the transcripted conversation they sent was falsely transcripted in favour of the bank I just woild like to know is there a legal obligation on there part to give me an recordings of the conversation.

once again thanks for you help

Don't have it

They cannot repudiate your transcript of the call unless they have a recording or their own notes of the tel con.

Tell them this and demand a copy of their recording and/or their file notes as part of an SAR.

8)

• 4 weeks later...
They cannot repudiate your transcript of the call unless they have a recording or their own notes of the tel con.

Tell them this and demand a copy of their recording and/or their file notes as part of an SAR.

8)

thanks so much slick I have stated this to them and it seem to be having a strange effect all of a sudden they will not release the recording as they know it will contradit with the false transcript they sent me if they think they getting away with it the got another thing coming.

thanks once again slick

Don't have it

Have you kept your communication with them in writing only. If you talk to them by phone without recording the conversations, you are compromising any case you want to build about this.

Have you sent them a formal SAR yet. If you do, they have only 2 choices:-

1. To send you the specific recording that you ask for.

2. To accept that they have no proof to back up their transcript.

8-)

Edited by slick132
typo

• 2 weeks later...
Have you kept your communication with them in writing only. If you are talk to them by phone without recording the conversations, you are compromising any case you want to build about this.

Have you sent them a formal SAR yet. If you do, they have only 2 choices:-

1. To send you the specific recording that you ask for.

2. To accept that they have no proof to back up their transcript.

8-)

‘Touche’ I believe is the word or is it ‘checkmate’ Slick you are amazing you never guess what now they can let me hear the conversation in one of there branches,however they will not allow me a copy of it for my own personal record due to data protection, oh yeah what silly reasoning………………..

Don't have it

How can they breach data protection issues by giving you a recording of your own conversation with them :?:

Have you been into a branch yet to listen to it. You can write out a transcript of the call for your records.

8-)

• 3 weeks later...
How can they breach data protection issues by giving you a recording of your own conversation with them :?:

Have you been into a branch yet to listen to it. You can write out a transcript of the call for your records.

8-)

I do know if this good or bad news to be honest!!!!!!!!!!

Slick you are not going to believe this but I recieved a letter ou of the blue telling me they have written off my loan, I did'nt ask them to do that however due to mistakes NatWest/RBS has left me with

a bad credit history nad no other hight street bank will accept me due to the false defaults on my account and my account being takem to recovery stage they still will not let listen to phone conversation they falsey transcripted.

Don't have it

Hi IWHI,

This sounds like good news to me. Looks like you'd have to push harder to get to listen to or keep a copy of the transcript. Well, if they don't want to produce it, this is the price they're willing to pay.

You must now work on getting any adverse credit data for this a/c removed.

• 10 months later...

Emailed the CEO of Natwest.

Really bad practice. I got a 0% offer in the mail today and decided to go for it only to be embarrassed by them saying the offer is withdrawn and with no explanation. I have virtually no financial debts or anything that would reasonably preclude me and despite this they just stood their ground. I said but I have your letter in front of me received today offering me the deal. It made no difference at all and they would not explain anything except to say we can withdraw any offer we choose. I told them it was extremely rude and unacceptable practice to treat customers like this.

Its little wonder that the general public mistrust the banking community. Shame on you Natwest for you rude treatment.

Hi JF and welcome to CAG.

Don't be embarrassed by this. Any credit application is subject to scrutiny and it may be that you just don't match their current criteria.

However, you should check your Credit Records to see if any adverse markers are showing. There could be any number of reasons for this happening and it's a good idea to check now, instead of waiting until you are refused something like a loan or a mortgage.

If you want any help dealing with your case, please start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

:wink:

• 1 year later...

The question on this thread was "Who is the CEO of the NatWest Bank". Why is all this other stuff which has nothing to do with the thread on here? It has nothng to do with the question and should be in a different thread altogether. :-x

Hi Bobby James and welcome to CAG

Most of the thread content is regarding the CAGger who started the thread originally.

If you have your own queries, or a case to discuss, please feel free to start your own thread.