HFO again and old Barclaycard

sturace4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This site is truly amazing, I've learned a lot all ready. Full Respect to you all - including Coledog Broken Arrow and all the others in the HFO Fan Club!

I have read the HFO Barclaycard thread posted yesterday and think mine is very much the same and just wanted to talk through what I think I should do, from what i've read here.

1. This week My father receives Phone call from HFO asking for me - I haven't lived at home for over 10 yrs. Dad doesn't give any details.

2. Whilst at work on Weds (I teach), Reception takes a message for me to 'Ring Ahmed - it's personal - He's not trying to sell me anything'

3. I've received a 'Reminder of Notice of Assignment' Yesterday (Sat 12th Feb). This is the first I've ever heard of them. I've certainly not received any information from them before, as they state 'As you have already been informed...'

4. I have had no dealings with Barclaycard (even though I do have a barclays account!) for 10 years at least. Maybe even longer. I have moved house many times, but the statements were always to my home (parents) address and my parents never heard from Barclays.

From all your expert advice I've read so far I think I will....

1. I would ask Barclays for a SAR

2. Then Send the letter M to HFO

3. Hopefully, never hear from them again!

Does this sound a correct course of action.

Many thanks for all your advice.

Stuart

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Stuart and welcome, as your are aware by reading the other HFO/Barclaycard threads and what you have posted you already know your first actions, SAR to Barclaycard, CCA to HFO, it sounds SB, but time will tell.

If you need any help we are always around.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

Good Evening and welcome

You seem to have learned alot already about this company and their tactics but yes, definately you need a SAR to barclaycard to find out about this account and if this debt is Statute Barred (6 years from last payment or written acknowledgement, 5 if you live in Scotland.

A CCA request will hopefully stop them contacting you and you can also send the telephone harassment letter.

I would also be very grateful if you could make a complaint to OFT about the phone calls as they should not be calling your work, this is harassment as is chasing you for a debt which looks like it is SB

Can you describe what the letter says? Does it say who the debt was sold to exactly?

You are likely to get some even more threatening letters from them but they are only threats. NEVER ever speak to them on the phone unless you can record the call as they will tell you anything

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Stuart sounds like you are on the right track - as BA says if you need any advice come back to us.

As they have tried to telephone you at work i would suggest you send the telephone harrasment letter, as they will try and bug you. Amend it for yourself and send it to HFO with your CCA request. Send them recorded and remember DO NOT sign them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Is begining to sound like HFO are becoming more desperate - scraping the barrel time.

Maybe the barrel is becoming empty.

Is begining to sound like HFO are becoming more desperate - scraping the barrel time.

Maybe the barrel is becoming empty.

They,ve been scraping the barrel for a while, maybe the barrel is being removed in the near future.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.

I will indeed make a complaint to OFT for you too. Cheers all.

James Waldron, and the address is OFT, Fleet Bank House, 2-6 Salisbury Square, London, EC4 8JX.

The account is now undergoing a pre litigation review next week it says.

What a load of hokum. Expect another threatogram forthwith.

At your Service

Very good, DoH, I think he likes to wear rubber.........

You’ve got a point there, BA.

CagTerminator-1.jpg

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Hey Everyone - I love the HFO Terminator pic - I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the how much help this group gives and sadly, how evil some of these companies are - the more I read about HFO the more Donkey's pic of the terminator rings true.

Here's the scanned image of my first letter - notice the amusing comment of 'As you have already been informed' This was the first I heard!!! If I get more I'll scan them in so you can keep an eye on what this company are doing.

Letter 1 below. Thanks People - I'l keep you updated. By the way - whats the best way to donate to CAG - The peace of mind that you have given me has been invaluable - I want to help in the best possible way.

Thanks Team.

Stuart.

firstletter.jpg

Bit too small – can you post in line as a PDF? Or just enter another 12 countdown posts and use photobucket.

That’s not me in the picture – donkeys don’t smoke.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Standard threats without any proof - and you say this is the first time they have contacted you? I have not known anyone to have a 'meaningful conversation' with them so do not phone. Request the proof as suggested and send letter to OFT.

At your Service