Stupid - opened catalogue in my mothers name

gooseygander75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4857 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have been VERY VERY VERY STUPID and opened 2 catalogues in my mothers name and now i cant afford 2 repay them and am now having debt collectors chasing me. What do i do? Do i confess to the debt collectors or just set up a repayment plan? I am worried sick that my mum will find out.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks in advance

If these accounts have been passed to DCA's, then the original creditor has already defaulted the account. These will be registered on your mums credit file. If she applies for credit,a loan an overdraft anything, she will be turned down because of you.

If you do nothing, they will issue a court claim against your mum. Do a land registry search, and if she owns her home. They'll have her address.

You have no choice. You have to come clean.

When Debbbbsy says you must come clean, I think she is refering to confessing what you have done to your mother.

What will happen then only you will know as she is your mother. If your mother is prepared to help you clear the balances on these accounts then the companies involved will be none the wiser.

I would think if you tell the catalogue companies what you have done, they will almost certainly prosecute.

You rearly have been stupid here and unless your mother is understanding or you can clear the outstanding balances you could be looking at a court appearance.

What will happen if i come clean?

As said, this is something you have to discuss with your mum. Regardless of how daunting that may seem.

Come up with a resolution. You are going to have to find a way to pay these debts. You could begin by sending the DCA's a letter making them aware of your financial situation ( don't mention your mum), asking for the account to be frozen and coming up with a payment plan, any sum is better than nothing. If you ignore them, it is inevitable that the truth will out, and will be more costly in the long run.

Letters to negotiate with creditors

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...Budget-Planner

Good Luck

Debs

Sorry, I meant any letter to the DCA to resolve this and repay the accounts must be done with your mums knowledge & consent, and hopefully getting them repaid as quickley as possible without the creditors finding out what you have done, and causing too much damage to your mum's credit file.

Debs