Powerhouse

smcallan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh Oh ..sounds familuar this one..

My fiance had a similar thing with Scottish Power Store, She bought cooker and gas fir with the same 3yr insurance..Just before her 3yrs were up Scottish Power shut down all the stores and the retail side went bust.

Eventually she had to claim off the recievers, and eventulally got what I would call a token amount back, Less than 10%.

Didnt Power house take over the Scottish Power outlests..They did here in Dundee.

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 2 weeks later...

My Father experienced the same thing - he got around 10% back after Powerhouse conveniently went into receivership upon the expiry of the moneyback extended warranty.

I think perhaps Powerhouse must have sold a lot of extended warranties 3 years beofre they went bust!

Anyone out there been succesful who can suggest a few hints on getting the rest back that is rightfully my fathers money - they are robbing b*st*rds and it makes me so angry!

I have been told that Powerhouse, once in receivership, was bought out by third party, they then renamed the company (perhaps until the dust had settled with all of us extended warranty customers wanting their monies back) and that the company name's now been reverted back to Powerhouse?

Anyone else know if thiis true and how can the OFT allow the new owners to do this if the above is true?

Jase

A&L Claim SETTLED IN FULL 16/09/06 :D

HSBC -Claim settled in full 26th Oct 06.

HSBC PPI - Premium settled in full 1st Jan 08

HSBC PPI Interest - 1st request for refund issued,due 17th June 08

Not sure about them changing back to original name, might be worth talking to Trading standards on that one. But sadly I wouldnt hold out much hope.

Ive just been caught with the Swallow Hotel group too, was due a cheque from them on the 12th of the month and then got a call from the manager on the 14th saying that the Hotel Group was in Administration. Spoke to the Administrators and as usual being one of the wee folks will be very lucky if get a penny off them now. Its typical when someone goes under, first to get paid are the big boys..eg Inland Revenue and Banks, after that the ones who need the payments normally get very little. What makes it even worse is that these hotels are still bloody operating taking in Money until such times as they are all sold off, but they wont pay out.

Was thinking of taking a lot of friends down for a posh meal and when they hand over the bill telling them to take it off what the owe me..lol

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.