Provident Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3923 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Looking for advice on where to go with these loan sharks, not sure if i posted in correct forum but hope admin will move my thread if not correct forum.

Right in jan 2010 me and my partner became Customers of these sharks, we got rather friendly with the agent (big mistake)

In march 2010 we were issued a further loan and our payment books were retained by agent so she could update with new loans.

In October these books had still not been returned after asking several times so i conatcted the regional office and requested they were brought to me as a matter of urgency and told them i would retain payment until i had received the books. They were posted discreetly through my door at 9.30pm on a monday night.

Upon investigation i found that the books had serious discrepences. We paid £60 a week every week without fail. yet there were several missing payments on both accounts. (we also had greenwood and they were paid weekly on time and the greenwood book reflected this)

So I contacted the area manager the next morning and explained my concers she came to my house that afternoon and admitted she was not happy with the books and statements and the reflection of my provient account on greenwood. The area manager retained my books as part of her investigation and issued a receipt for them which i still have.

She reffered the matter to field security who visited me in my propety the following friday, we had a long discussion for 2 hours and he went on hi way to interview the agent.

When we were issued with new loans we were told that we had to pay off other loans first somethng called early ressetlment.

Over the course of jan 2010- oct 2010, me and my partner must have done about 7 of these forms with amounts ranging from £46 - £167.

None of these early payments had been credited to my accounts so she had also pocketed that money.

My let down is i did not ask for recipets to prove these transactions. providents defence is its not up to us to issue receipts its up to you to request them.

So i had several payments of £60 a week missing and several Early Settlements missing, Cash my provident agent had taken from me but not received by provident.

Provident dug very deep into my personal info and discovered the name i had used to obtain the loans was infact my middlename and not my surname. This is perfectally legal as i am known by my middle name by all my creditors and utility suppliers and also i dont use my surname for personal reasons.

Anyways provident though they had me for fraud as they found or so they thought that i had given a false name.

The name i gave them is my middle name and is on my birth certificate. anyways provident decided that due to me not having receipts to prove payments being made that no theft had occured and in fact i had commited fraud and they involved the police.

Upon disussion with the police i was told no criminal offence had been commited on my side and that this was the company trying to defend themselves and that i should pursue a civil case as the circumstancial evidence is in my favour e.g

1) no payment books from march till october

2) books beig posted discreetly at 9.30pm

3) payments made to other creditors on time and in full

4) neither me or my partner have a criminal record.

5) the fact that the agent in fact has previous convictions for theft. (provident do not crb there staff as there self emplyed agents.

I have complained to the CCA who regulates provident and there responce was we are happy with the way provident have dealt with your case and we are aware there is a police investigation for fraud. Provident managed to twist there arm with the fraud thing which has since proven untrue. Like i told police if this was fraud i would not have gave my correct date of birth or my national insurance number or would i have paid in full for 9 months.

Provident have now told me that as a result of police investigation being completed i have 7 days to pay the full outstanding balance.

My biggest issue is it my partner and my word against theres and there a huge company, I am adamant that until they produce me with a statement reflecting my true balance i will not make paymets.

From what info i have the agent has stolen anything between £700 and £1000 from us and the balance is £1456.

When they consulted with police they stopped the greenwood agent coming to my house and she has not been here since november so i also need to know where i stand with that, i signed a home collected loan aggrement and they withdrew there home collected service as they thought i was fraudulant.

Provident have issued me with a final responce which is

4 February 2011

Dear Mr *******

Further to your recent telephone conversation with S***** S****, regarding your account with us.

I understand you remain unhappy and are still of the opinion that your agent has stolen money from you. You have indicated that until this matter is resolved you will cease making payments to your account.

As Sharon explained to you, this matter has been referred to our field security department who have looked into the allegations once again. I must advise you that the outcome of their investigations have remained the same, they have reiterated that they have found no evidence to suggest that the agent has misappropriated any monies from your accounts.

I appreciate that you will remain unhappy with this outcome and would suggest that you take any evidence you may have to the Police for them to investigate. Should they wish to contact us as part of any investigation that they undertake, we will of course be happy to correspond with them.

In order to make payments as the full balance needs to be paid within 7 days to avoid further action, please contact our solicitors CK Edrupt & Co on 0800 9166442. Due to the breakdown in the relationship between yourself and the local office, your accounts with Provident and our sister company Greenwood have been transferred to them to help facilitate the repayment of the accounts.

I must advise that this is our final response to this matter, and If you remain unhappy you have the right to refer this matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service. This must be done within six months from the date of this letter.

Please find enclosed an explanatory leaflet for your information.

Yours sincerely

So guys what i need to know is

1) What can i do as far as providnet concered and the theft

2) Where do i stand with greenwood withdrawing there agent

3) Any advice on a letter to send the solicitors ck edrupt

Edited by JO1010
remove a named individual

I note that Provident do not say that you can go to FOS to have them adjudicate on your claim now that they have finished their investigation I would report this to FOS and see what they say. With this then being with FOS that should stop them taking any further legal proceedings until FOS adjudicate. Also as far as I am aware will cost Provident £450 to have FOS adjudicate.

dpick

Edited by dpick
cana spell

Provident are now reinvestigating as new evidence has come to light this weekend.

The agent indulged in conversation with me on facebook and has seriously contradicted everything provident have said to defend her.

How long would you say is a reasonable amount of time to allow provident to reinvestigate bearing in mind a final response has already been issued??

Go to FOS and say you are paying nothing until they adjudicate as Provident say you owe the whole outstanding balance and you are not responsible for their agents actions. Keep all evidence concerning the agents actions that you have, account books, letters from Provident, facebook messages anything.

dpick

Good evening JO1010

You say that your other account, the greenwood one, is in normal state/condition as it was when you agreed to it, so, keep up with your obligations of normal payments to that particular account.

The other account, the one that was subjected to the fraud, don't make any further payments or any arrangements to make any payments to that particular account, until the matter is resolved, state that fact to the creditor and also say to him that the police investigation has concluded and as far as the police are concerned, you have not committed any criminal offence, as alledged by the creditor.

Forget about the FOS, absolutely useless and you do not need to waste any more of your time in making an effort to resolve this matter, if the creditor should issue a claim for the balance on said account (£1,400 odd), you have a complete defence and solid, tangible evidence to substantiate the fact that you are not liable for said sum claimed (if they do take action).

You know what amount that you do owe to said account, but withhold payments until the creditor accepts the facts of this matter.

If the creditor is willing to discuss said account with you, then request that he reduces the amount that you do owe (£400 odd, maybe?) as a compensation award for the distress he caused to you and your OH with his false allegations that were made to the police.

So, to sum up, if you are liable for say £400.00, then you want 50% reduction as compensation.

I hope that will help you somewhat.

Kind Regards

The Mould

• 8 months later...

Hi random question but do you live in the peterborough area? I had a simular problem with my agent. Turns out that she was pocketing my payments and now i am left with disputs on my credit rating!

• 1 year later...