New sofa from Harveys faulty on delivery

HellenMellon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4853 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Helen

This is from the OFT, I bet the deliver diver didn't give you options:-

Harveys steer you away from your rights. They play a stalling tatic hoping you'll go for the repair. They have the tenacity to leave a message on my answer machine stating they will not refund becasue I have a repair booked. It wasn't booked by me, so Ecomaster are going to have a wasted journey.

After getting slated by BBC watchdog May last year, they were behaving thereselfs for a while, but its back to the same old Harveys.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2010/05/harveys_sitting_comfortably.html

Hi Helen,

Long story short, took photos of offending items, took them to the small claims court, won the case,they didn't even turn up, still wouldn't pay up but we sent the bailiffs in to one of their stores!

How much was the baliff charges and did you get the costs back ?

Sorry,its such a long time ago I'd need to look out the paperwork, sure it didn't cost much tho' and I definitely got the money back, you could look at the HMCOL site and look for warrant of execution.

Would have thought that as Harveys supplied the faulty furniture, you need to sue them. I was in the fortunate position in those days of having paid up front so not sure how the CC position would affect you but no doubt someone will be along to advise.

My claim was in the pre-CAG days and all the court forms were filled in by hand and not with the benefit of legalise learned from CAG and I still won and you can too. You can use the HMCOL site to launch your claim, it all takes time but will be worth it in the end.

Can anyone advise on who to take to court as I'm sitting here waiting to fill the paperwork out.

Harveys or CC provider ?

Whats the route of less resistance ?

Anyone ?

Harvey’s still claim they reserve the right to repair the goods in the first instance and I'm being ill advised seeking a refund ?