PayPal mistake incurs bank overdraft charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4800 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope this is in the right section, and I'll try and keep it brief :razz:

I had a small monthly direct debit that was used to fund a monthly PayPal subscription. Last month I had an unexpected yearly subscription payment (thought it was supposed to be done in January) charged to my PayPal account. At the time I did not have sufficient funds in my bank account to complete the payment. Soon after, I was sent just over half of the required amount into my PayPal account, and then the yearly payment was made, putting my PayPal account into a negative balance. As far as I was concerned, the yearly subscription was paid and the negative balance was between me and PayPal to sort out, which I would.

A week or so later I went to rectify this by transferring some funds from my bank account, which normally takes a few days. This was completed so I had no PayPal debt, however on the same day I noticed the amount of the yearly subscription was removed from my account and that the monthly direct debit had been upped to the yearly amount (over 5x as much!). This was unexpected and put me overdrawn, after which I incurred over £80 in charges during the time it took for the money to go from my bank, to PayPal and then back to the bank.

Essentially, I've emailed them a few times explaining the situation with a letter from my bank detailing the charges incurred due to their mistake, however I don't seem to be getting anywhere aside from the usual "PayPal are unable to reimburse any charges" blah blah - anyone got any thoughts as to how I can get the money from them? :|

• 2 months later...
Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi battyboomboom,

I see you have no replies, so I will give you my opinion which is paypal have been naughty however as you know direct debits amounts can be varied, i think you will have to take it on the chin.

PS nice to see you back, and contributing to the forum.

Regards

Andy