ADVICE Please! Car Insurance company misleading me with pursuing my claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4873 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone give me some much needed advice...

I have an unresolved car accident that happened 1 year ago- im with sheilas wheels...they have been saying over the last 6 months that after legal opinion they are supporting me being 100% non-fault and are going to pursue court action but out of the blue have written saying they are dropping it and want me to accept full liability!

The accident - I was turing left at T junction onto main road. There was a heavy flow of traffic that i was wanting to join that was coming around a parked rubbish truck that was blocking my view. I edged forward bit by bit to get better view and was stationary, waiting for gap in traffic... the bin lorry has started moving -without joining traffic (or indicating) and run into my car. I was stationary at the time and it hit the back bumper of my car.

Can anyone advise on what action or rights i have with regard to me disagreeing with Shelia's wheels dropping this case?

I have been consistently disappointed by Sheila's wheels poor customer service, misinformation and never speak to the same person each time which is very frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Not sure what legal opinion they had, without a witness to back your story or unless the third party driver admits to being parked (not stationary), your chances are very slim. Right of way would have been for the lorry on the main road, even if parked, the third party will contend that it is to be assumed a rubish truck works on a stop start basis, a judge would probably take this on board.

You may get a 50/50 at best.

Your insurers should have been blunt with you, if the news is bad, get it out there from the start.

Sorry about the negative post.

Yes I think your Insurers realise this is going nowhere with very little chance of getting any decision in their/your favour. So they have decided to call a halt and want you to accept that this is a fault claim on your record. They are asking you to accept to 100% fault, presumably because there will be no claim coming from the third party. The only claim they have is for damage to your car.

If you feel that you have a chance to persuade a court that the third party is 100% responsible, suggest that you obtain legal advice with a view to taking to court. But this will be at your cost I would think, as unlikely that your Insurers or legal expenses providers will cover the cost.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes, i take your points. I guess being new to this world of being involved with making a claim, i rely on the information and guidance of my insurers and as this has been misleading at best, i dont know whats going on. I want to try court and go for 50/50 but will wait and see what company says after ive discussed with them again.

I would like to know in that situation- where my view of the flow of traffic is blocked by that parked lorry, what am i supposed to do- sit at the junction forever or until the parked vehicle decided to move? The highway code says at a T-juction if view is blocked you have to get into a position where you can safely see traffic, whilst waiting for a safe time to join it.