2 unwarned direct debit charges for 'paypal transactions' while on benifits

Silky444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok so I have just had a week in London, And today I have checked my bank account and it says -£0.52, I then saw that they took out £30 'Interest charge' on friday, i phoned them up saying that I didn't understand why because I never received any letter or notification that I had ever had a bounced direct debit, she told me it was for two failed direct debits from Paypal one for £2.59 and one for £2.99, I told her i don't understand as i never got a warning about the funds being taken out and she didn't really seem to be bothered to explain why,

I receive £60 every 2 weeks under hardship JSA, which is 40% less than normal JSA, I asked her if there is any way if getting the charges back as I desperately need that money to live on and she said unfortunately not. I asked if I will get another fee for going overdrawn 52p she said I may get a £20 overdrawn fee next month which she said if i phone up again I could get that refunded. WHat can I do? i have no money until next monday and I don't know what to do!

Please help :|

Edited by Silky444

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

Have you bought anything recently using Paypal or have you got an agreement with Ebay to pay your monthly fees by Paypal, in both cases they will automatically take payment from Paypal and then paypal will automtaically 'try' and take payment either from your bank account linked to your Paypal account or from your debit card.

I personally never leave my debit card permantly 'attached' to my Paypal account (I remove it each time), I leave my bank account 'attached' but it isnt my main current account its just a parachute one and my wages (or benefits at the mo) get paid into another account.

Something ive found annoying recently is that by default Paypal tries to take money from your bank account first by default (unless you manully change it each time), I once forgot to change it and it tried to take money from my parachute account and as there was nothing in there the same thing happened to me, and I was charged.

Andy

No, I Don't sell anything on eBay.. it's nationwide's fault for not updating my online banking frequently, i brought a few things of eBay knowing I had enough funds as it clearly stated on my balance from nationwide that I had enough money, then they turn around and say there wasn't enough funds, Regardless to that it doesn't matter what I wanna know is how do i go about getting the charges back as it's money from the government for me to live on :(

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

• 2 months later...

Sometimes Paypal takes money out of your account a week later, by which time there is no money on there and you go overdrawn. Take your bank information out of your Ebay profile in teh automatic payments section..

Pay by cheque, don't use Paypal at all, it is naff. Better, don't use Ebay at all because there are better value alternatives like eBid.