ADHD and the NHS

adridude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4899 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Until moving to the UK, I was treated constantly for ADHD and Adult ADHD by my GPs in the Netherlands.

Since coming here, due to the nature of the issue, and due to the medication it's taken over 8 years to get treatment. Even though I've supplies all previous records and letters from doctors treating me indicating clearly that I'm being treated for ADHD, the doctors "blatently" ignored these and said "it's impossible you have ADHD as you're an adult" and proceeded to treat me for all of the "offspins" of untreated ADHD. THese are anxiety, depression, tension, hyperactivity, lack of attention span, mood swings.

Because of this, my career life has been a nightmare here in the UK, I've lost jobs left right and center and through this built up some debt (which I have in hand).

Is there anything I can do about this as I feel that due to negligence, I have suffered some serious issues over the last 8 years, my C.V. has more holes than the amsterdam "redlight district" and I feel that I should be compensated for this.

Major issue I have at the moment is most of these "free lawyers" are petrified of mental health cases and tend to avoid them.

Any advice?

Cheers in advance,

Adridude