cover not what it proported to be

cdl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't know if anyone can help but here goes

On the 6th Dec my husband bought a 3D Tv Package comprizing TV, 3D Blueray Player, 3D Glasses and DVD Pack.

At the checkout he was asked if he wanted the whatever Insurance for £59.00, which he took.

Now it turns out this cover is for the Blueray player only. Currys are saying tough. For cover for the TV they want £269 to protect the TV as a special offer.

Now my husband is disabled with a brain/head Injury and he rightly or wrongly because he brought a package thought/ is convinced that he was told he had full cover for the complete package.

He cannot afford £269 to complete the cover he thought he already had been sold.

He feels strongly let down and that he was misold this cover, can he get his money back?

There are a lot of threads on here about this so called insurance 'Whatever happens'.

If he was stood in front of a pile of goods and asked if he wanted insurance, the natural assumption is that it covers the whole package. Unless they said do you want insurance for the 'Blueray player', and why would they just single out one item of a whole pile of things when they could have made a bigger profit by insuring the whole thing.

He should write a firm but polite letter with no 'pleases or requests' stating that he considers the insurance was mis-sold and that he wants it cancelled and the premium returned. He should also state that failure to comply will result in further advice being taken.

Give them a time limit of 14 days to respond and send it by recorded delivery.

• 1 month later...

matters not

and the ins is worthless anyhow

SOGA is your freind -

go get that insurance back +++ interest

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

its worthless is it so when i get my TV replaced within 9 days which has happened its not worth it? you only hear the bad stories on places like this and not the good ones. if he wants the cover he pays for it simples

why PAY for it when you are entitled to it under the

Sale of Goods Act?

RIP OFF!!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what are you entitled to? are you ENTITLED to a loan tv? are you ENTITLED to have it fixed within 10 days? no. are you heck. if its a TV a manufacturer is FULLY within their rights to take up to 3 months to fix it. its not a necessary product, if it was a washing machine or fridge or even a laptop used for work then they are necessary and so has to be within a reasonable time usually deemed 28 days. and what else, o yes if it goes wrong 4 years and 11 months down the line SOGA says you are covered of course you are, but as long as you can prove it happened within the first year or that its an inherent fault. good luck. personally I'd rather pay the £200 have it fixed within 10 days without the hassle of private engineer visits.

please refrain from making these wild unfounded and personally opinionated statements about comsumer rights - please read the Sale Of Goods Act.

the OP simply asked why only the blueray player was covered not the whole package.

under SOGA there is no need for any additional cover - whatever happens = it is a rip-off.

also you need to remember SOGA is with the point of sale and nowt to do with the manufacturer.

dx

and they

and another thing, why should he get the insurance back plus interest? take take take

because the insurance was mis-sold and the user was deprived of the money

dx

and they

I work for currys and find this very strange. As firstly no sales colleague reports to their manager getting weh on such a small thing such as blu ray player. And the general tact is to sell a DD first month free and then let you continue if you wish. I would recomend following it up through the store manager. The telephone customer service is ridicolously bad at times and don't seem to care. Whereas in store we need to be belated by the customer so tend to care. Try to go to a megastore though as they have dedicated customer service team superstores don't.

• 2 weeks later...

I work in Customer service at Currys Megastore. I guess you are inquiring about the cover now as the TV might have gone faulty or something. If not, then you still have one year manufacturers warranty and before that expires you can get an extended warranty on the TV for either 3 or 5 years. I would suggest go back to the store regarding your blu ray player warranty and tell the manager that you are interested in purchasing the TV warranty and not the player. If you haven't claimed any repair on that cover yet then ask him if he can give you a refund on that warranty so you can purchase the TV one. And tell him to set it up for EasyPay so you don't have to pay the full amount at that time.