PPI - Some notes for Claimants - Frequently Asked Questions & Discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4882 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Keith..

I have added that in to the above post. I have asked if the post can be made into a sticky so the info is always available at the top of the forum.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Harry,

I havn't come across ones like that but it could well be a standard thing, PPI cost calculated as a percentage of the current balance.

It would be Interesting to see the terms and Conditions of one of these policies..

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi Pat,

Sorry to hear of all your troubles, I am sure with the help from CAG we should be able to try and sort this mess out for you.

Firstly it may be a good idea to start a seperate thread so that it can be seen easier by others too.

Firstly I would submit a SAR under the data protection Act to obtain full details of your account with Morgan Stanley, also include that you require copies of all the original agreements and documentation relating to PPI.

If they just added a second PPI policy onto your account without you Knowledge or consent, I would consider that a bit underhanded, they cannot just go amending Consumer Credit Agreements without your consent. It would be advisable that when you submit your SAR that you specifically mention this additional PPI agreement, they will have to supply you with a copy of the application and agreement.

Were you actually claiming under your first PPI policy when they added on the new Policy ?.

If you need help with any of the letters etc just shout ..

Ian

I think we may have started something Big here..lol

Lets Hope so.. ;)

Ian

• 1 month later...

Hi,

What reason did they give you that you cannot cancel the PPI ?

I am not 100% sure about the time limitation Act, If you start your own thread on PPI I am sure that someone with the required Knowledge will give you a definate answer.

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian,

It may be an Idea to start a seperate thread for your PPI, Just one idea if you can obtain a signed statement of truth form your ex employer that you were verbally informend on the 10th October that you were being made redundant, this would help you a great deal and of course is outwith their 30 Days.

Good Luck

Ian

Hi Jaye,

I think the simple answer is YES you can claim for the mis-sold PPI on both loans. It may be advisable to start your own thread too, more people will be able to advise you there to.

I would need more Information on the type of policy that you were sold at the time on both loans, were these single premium policies ?, if so then I think they have added to your debt by selling this type of policy that is of no use to you and they should be made to rectify that.

If you need any help just shout or PM me

Good Luck

Ian

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Have to agree with BB on that one, Get all the info from them that you can before you start your claim for mis-selling.

Ian

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Thomass1949,

I would recommend that you start a new thread on the above matter, that way more people will probably read it and hopefully you will get all the help that you need.

Good luck

Ian

• 3 months later...

I think you will find you got the Information from My First Post on this thread..:D

I am working on some other information that will be added to the main post in the next week or so, Just need to do a bit more digging to make sure the facts are correct..

Ian

• Haha 1

No Problem Hopeful1, and thanks for the Click..

I am now working on the info that will be required by the poor sods that The FOS will not help. Hopefully I will get that info posted up soon, but Im also working on another couple of things at the momment too..;) .

Hellhasnofurry, did you get the dozen Aberdeen Rowies I posted you, or did the postie scoff them..lol

Ian

• 3 years later...

Ive not been on here in a long time due to personal matters etc , Long story, nearly as long as this thread..lol, I was a bit overwhelmed with the 87,000 views of the thread. I hope it is still continuing to help other in the fight over PPI. Actually just looked back the Tonight with Trevor McDonald DVD, Thank god Ive lost weight since that was filmed nearly 4 years ago now.

I have myself had many calls from the paracites, oops claim recovery companies for which I normally have a couple of kind words for.. Second word is normally OFF and I refer them to CAG if they want to reclaim their own PPI for free..lol

I was right way back those years ago when I made a comment that we may have started something Big with the PPI Rip off..

Hope all my old Buddies are well and have a wonderful Christmas..

Ian