Aria PC Technology

TWNB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, here is the situation.

• On 1st June 2010 I ordered a new graphics card for my pc from aria.co.uk.
  • Sometime in November the card broke down, so I contacted aria as the warranty was with them.
  • 1 day short of 7 weeks after returning the item I called them (after not getting any replies to my emails) and I was adviced that the item was found to be faulty, it was not repairable and it was no longer produced. Now because they couldn't supply me with a replacement they would give me an instore credit note.
  • So I got my credit note but it wasn't for the full amount that I paid, it was minus the shipping charges.

I would like to know if I am entitiled to a FULL refund which includes item and shipping charges.

Invoice attached - Invoice.pdf

So after posting I checked my emails and discovered I have finally recieved an email from aria about my item, a little late.

Hi D,

The card was found to be faulty by our supplier, unfortunately as it’s a discontinued product they are unable to replace it as such they have issued a credit for the value of the card.

This was credited to your Aria account on 14/1/11. To use the credit note please call Telesales and quote your account Aria number - ******

You have a credit note to the value of £25.84 Inc VAT, this is valid for 6 months from the date of issue. We will offer free standard carriage on the replacement order.

If you have any further issues please do not hesitate to contact us.

So it would appear that they are offering free postage with the credit note. Does anyone thinnk that this is fair?

Well it depends. Would you want to buy from them or elsewhere? I think you'd be well within your rights to ask for a monetary refund rather than having to accept a credit note that can only be used with them since they've already acknowledged the product to be faulty.

I'd agree with MaxxPower. You dont have to accept a credit note surely as the item you wanted is no longer available its not fair to expect you to by another item from that store. I would ask for the shipping cost back - also did they make you pay for the return or was it free post/collected?

In the past I have had several simialr situations with buying goods from eBuyer - each time the full amount was refunded including shipping.

OK so here is and update on the situation. Today I was going to buy an item but here is the thing that item already had FREE DELIVERY, so that would make their offer of free delivery pointless, so I called them below is an outline of that call

• Can't give a full refund.
  • Item has been in use for nearly 6 months before it broke down.
  • I am not entitled to a full refund because it is past 28 days.
  • I won't be losing money, even if I bought an item of say £25.84 and postage costs £3 I still wont be lossing money even if the original amount is £34.59! Go figure that one out.

then the guy had the cheek to turn around and say to me "look sir we are getting no where, we are going round in circles"! it was him that kept repeating "Your getting free carriage, your not lossing money".

So I'm sending them an emial and maybe a recorded letter, what am I wanting this letter to say?

Advice please.

Edited by TWNB
Fixed typo's

Anyone willing to help me with this? What do I say in my email

If it were.me then I would argue the point that as the item is faulty you are entitled to a new one. If they no longer stock the item you want then a refund in full is the only reasonable conclusion.

Some would argue that the company may have stated in advance in their t&c's that you would can have an alternative item or even a credit note but if its not what you want, you should not accept it.

Look up sales and goods and see what the act says. I often find that a company's policy is not always technically fair and so if pushed they may come round.

Good luck.

You know I see plenty of threads where people are getting great help and advice, quotes on what they should be putting in letters and emails. Yet when I post I seem to get told to go look for myself!

Come on whats the point of these forums if peeps are just gonna tell you "go read this" "go read that" if I wanted crap advice i'd go to my local CAB office.

I see threads where people are getting spoon feed info, anyone wanna spoon feed me? lol

You know I see plenty of threads where people are getting great help and advice, quotes on what they should be putting in letters and emails. Yet when I post I seem to get told to go look for myself!

Come on whats the point of these forums if peeps are just gonna tell you "go read this" "go read that" if I wanted crap advice i'd go to my local CAB office.

I see threads where people are getting spoon feed info, anyone wanna spoon feed me? lol

TWNB, this forum is about self help, about pointing you in the right direction so that you can help yourself. The cases where more information is given is where people are really out of their depth or it is a complicated issue.

To be honest, your issue is very simple and a 2 minute jaunt in the Sale of Goods act and the thread you were pointed at already would answer your question...

• Can't give a full refund.
  • Item has been in use for nearly 6 months before it broke down.
  • I am not entitled to a full refund because it is past 28 days.
  • I won't be losing money, even if I bought an item of say £25.84 and postage costs £3 I still wont be lossing money even if the original amount is £34.59! Go figure that one out.

Section 48A of SOGA gives you (the buyer) the right to a repair or replacement or a reduced sale price or full refund. As per 48A(3), as they went faulty within 6 months it is up to Aria to show it conformed at the time of sale as it is assumed it did not.

The seller does not have an option to take back the item and give a credit note to a partial refund - it must either be the full amount.

As per the advice you have already been given, post 25 in this thread gives you the info you need re. refund of the delivery costs and even tells you what to post.

TWNB, we are here as volunteers to help people who are in a bind. By being rude and/or insulting you will be less likely to get help in the future as the people who volunteer will be less willing to help. Your issue has been anwered before and instead of telling you to go use the search, which alot of forums would do, someone took the time to search for you and give you the relevant thread and even told you the exact post...

/rant

I hope this answers your question...

H