MBNA cant currently comply with CCA, what now?

minmoo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4779 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Leopardlady & Tam,

Hope things are ok for you LL, i take it you never got any further with them regarding their reneged promises? Bunch of sharks. As for court, i wouldnt put it past them having a go at some point, especially for the sum involved but i will cross that bridge when it comes. I have read various threads about people being taken to court without an agreement lately.

Seems like we are all on roughly the same timeline and so i am interested to note how the paths differ in the coming months.

Tam, did you start a thread? I will check as if i remember correctly yours was an old abbey card with no agreement wasnt it?

Chin up to everyone, dont let them get you down :-)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I haven't got the energy to keep trying. Its like banging your head against a brick wall. I just keep sending £40 a month and am like you waiting for a default notice. They have put in writing now that they will not communicate in writing with me anymore, so I hope that would go against them if they take me to court. I'm past caring tbh. Taking a leaf out of your book and just bobbing along until something happens. Much less stressful. Its their loss, I offered what they asked so now they can swivel!!!

Good for you LL, mind you, i stopped paying completely in the hope they would talk to me but they never did!!! Not sure if that is a good thing but i daresay i will find out lol.

LL

£40 per month is hardly a "token" payment. I used to think it was and paid many sums like £40 and £80 per month to several OC's and DCA's - thinking the OC or DCA was being "generous" in accepting them and freezing interest. I then found CAG and have had a number of low F&F's accepted (saving over £50k in the process!) and am now only paying £5 per month to each of two DCA's and zilch to all the others still outstanding.

If you do get a DN then you've really nothing to lose by saying "Mum can't/won't help me any more - and all I can pay is £1 a month - here is the first such payment - only bank it if you accept this and agree to freeze all interest and charges - otherwsie return the £1".

They'll bank it and ignore the accompanying T&C's - but at least you'll be saving £39 per month from your current position - and you will probably get a better (i.e. lower) F&F offer a lot faster than with the current £40 monthly payments.

Hope this helps?

BD

Hi LL

Whatever amount you pay, they want more; the more you pay, the greater their assumption that you can afford

v

Vic

Thnaks for your support. I've noticed I often agree with you which must mean you're often correct!

BD

PS - I've just realised my wife must run these DCA's. You've described her money collecting tactics perfectly! :sad:

BD