Daughter V Halifax - We won!

Guest blindman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest blindman

I am helping my daughter to reclaim punitive bank charges by following the steps in the FAQ and this is where I am to date:

1)

She had her last 16 months of statements up to when she closed the account so 'we' sent a preliminary letter using the template claiming the £514.74 + interest.

One sent to Head office in Leeds the other to her branch.

2)

Reply recieved 12 days after posting and dated 5 days earlier.

This was a "We'll look into it in less than 4 weeks" type of response.

3)

Encouraged by this 'we' sent a DPA for the remaining period up to 6 years ago of statement\charges using the template.

I enclosed the £10 cheque.

No response as yet.

4)

Received a reply to 2) in the form of general waffle about how hard it is to run a bank (!) and how it's your fault etc.

Offered a Goodwill gesture of £318 if we say that's final

(Where do they get the figures from?).

5)

Am just writing the Letter Before Action stating the offer is unsatisfactory and she wants the full amount + interest and if she doesn't get it then we will start claim proceedings.

Guest blindman

Just to add flesh to them bones.

1)

Initial preliminary letter sent 11th March,

Acknowledgement recieved 22nd March.

Sent one Recorded to:

Halifax Customer Relations

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

Got this address from the customer helpline.

Interestingly the Post office 'Track and Trace' has no record of this arriving.

I have to wait 15 working days to claim it as missing.

Sent another to the branch address.

2)

Acknowledgement was from

Deborah Sargent

Arrived on 22nd March, written on 17th March

3)

Only sent DPA on 27th March.

4)

Offer letter recieved 29th March written 27th March

Signed by

Helen Kirwin

Even though my initial letter stated that the account had been closed in November 2004 the offer letter stated that "If the account isn't managed properly it will be closed :roll:

5)

Will be posting the LBA tomorrow (30th March) in the kindly provided Franked Business Reply envelope :lol:

Guest blindman
goodwill offers should be ignored. what anyone wants is something that says "full and final offer".

That's what I am doing....

Guest blindman

Reply to LBA received from Richard Aitken on 6th April (dated 5th April)

My colleague offered to refund six months of charges to your account, which you refused to accept. Please understand that we are not prepared to refund all of the charges that you have incurred on your account since your account was opened.

Then it goes on about the Financial Ombudsman and a leaflet is enclosed "Your complaint and the Ombudsman"

As we did not claim for

all of the charges that you have incurred on your account since your account was opened
only the last 16 months it goes to show that these are just standard letters with no investigation into an individuals account.

We have filed a claim using MCOL before 09:00 this morning (7th April 2006) number 6QZ22844

I'll PM the mod with the details

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blindman

WE WON.

Well sort of.

Daughter got a letter today from Damian Robertshaw of CS in Trinity Rd.

The electronic signature obviously didn't work as the space was empty, so in effect not signed.

Thank you for confirming your acceptance of our offer to waive the £514.74 of bank charges on the above numbered account

Complete bo****ks! We did nothing of the sort.

I am pleased to enclose a cheque for this amount in full and final settlement of your complaint

Well thanks, it's being put into the N&P now.

I trust this is satisfactory.....

No, what about the court fees?

....but please contact me if I can be of further help

You bet we will.

I'll look out for the post tomorrow to see if anything else arrives and I've checked MCOL and the claim is still filed as acknowledged.

If nothing happens we'll contact Halifax for the £80.00 of court fees.

MODS, there was another case where the complainant only got the charges and not the court fees what happened in that case? (I've searched but can't find it.)

Guest blindman

Rang CS today (26th April) another cheque for court fees + Interest is on its way :D

Until I see the colour of Our money in the form of their cheque I'll not assume anything and the court case is still unresolved:D

Bravo bravo!;)

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

Guest blindman
Rang CS today (26th April) another cheque for court fees + Interest is on its way :D

Until I see the colour of Our money in the form of their cheque I'll not assume anything and the court case is still unresolved:D

Second cheque arrived today from the Legal Department covering the court fees + interest.

Also came with the standard letter of " the charges were fair", "Too expensive to defend" "Not admit liability"

WE WON!

We'll write to MCOL closing the claim after the cheques clear :D

We'll write to MCOL closing the claim after the cheques clear :D

I dont blame you they may bounce the cheques and charge you for it lol

Good on you lets hope my claims are as succesful

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Guest blindman

Summary

Saturday 11th March Posted TWO letters to Branch address and Leeds.

Track and trace for one (Leeds) didn't work! Post Office finally gave me a book of stamps as an apology :evil:

17th March Received reply acknowleding our first letter and it would be dealt with within 4 weeks.

29th March Received reply with offer to pay £318 ,(dated 24th March, posted 27th March)

30th March Replied with second letter stating they had 14 days to pay up or we would claim.

6th April Received reply of "No way are they paying up", (dated 5th April)

7th April 08:50 Filed claim 6QZ22844

7th April 10:00 Claim Issued

12th April 08:50 Claim Served

13th April 08:50 Claim Acknowledged with intention to defend

28 days from service date WED 10th May

25th April Cheque received for DD fees

28th April Cheque received for court costs + interest.

Total of 7 weeks.

SORTED :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks