eBay and faulty item

Bunto
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, My first post here so here it goes..

I bought a Magnet from eBay on Monday and i received it on the 10th of December. It came from Germany to me here in the U.K. I got home from work and opened the packaging for the Magnet, On inspection it looks fine, and as you do with new things..You try them out, i stuck my (powerful) magnet to a simple piece of metal so i could easily slide it off. So i put the magnet onto the metal, sticks as expected i slide it off, THEN i do it again right after, no different to the first time i put the magnet onto the metal, I never threw it on or drop it on the metal i slowly approached the metal with the magnet untill it started pulling then all of a sudden..SMASHHH, CRACKKK!! my magnet (£28 - €35) has Smashed within the 1st 8 hours of me having it. I have messaged the seller back and explained everything just waiting for a reply. The seller is a Business in Germany with over 33,600 Feedbacks.

Were do i stand within this?

Thanks for reading.

I presume that this a neodymium magnet, which is to expect that a supplier explains that the goods are fragile, brittle, so I doubt that there is much to be had of claiming that the item itself is faulty.

If you're lucky there was a bad batch supplied to the seller from China and he's already aware of that, willing to be honest about it.

Otherwise, there may be a case to make to the effect that the buyer was insufficiently warned of the risk, which depends on the small print, but if you're on your own with the complaint among the tens of thousands of satisfied buyers, the common sense of that applies.

:oops: