Nationwides unofficial fines system

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, further to the other post I made today, the nationwide is being the pain and not helping me with the CCCS which is I suppose their right. however, When we applied for a loan ( subsequently defaulted on jan 06) the local branch worker fiddled my income to let the loan go through. I didn't notice this or I'd not have taken the money but since then because i can't pay all the loan each month the nationwide have pulled my overdraft in. They stated in the letter that because i hadn't paid the loan back they were removing my overdraft. ( as a direct cosequense)

The gauling part is that i followed the advice on here and opened another current account then stopped all the direct debits, standing orders and internat transfers etc on my nationwide flex account and each month since January a new direct debit mandate or an internal transfer or standing order appears on my nationwide statement for a debit I have cancelled. Because there isn't enough funds for it to clear it bounces and then the nationwide charges me an unpaid direct debit fee , the latest is £30.

I do find it funny and gauling at the same time. Also the fact that they are able to do this in the hope i haven't been on this site. The question is how many other people is this happening too and how much are they getting in these charges....Incidently the interest for this moth is another £49.00.

I've sent a letter off today asking for their excuses before i report them to the Banking ombudsman and also dropped into the letter that i would consider them to be unfit to hold a credit licence especially if they don't credit my account with the charges.

See what that brings up.

Request for repayment letter sent on 24 / 08/ 2006 giving 14 days to reply.

S.A.R. issued to:

Citibank international 07/09/2006

Creation Finance 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Nat West Bank 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Mint 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Sainsbury's 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Northern Rock 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Nationwide

S.A.R SENT

07/09/2006

letter signed for 8/9/06

letter offering £120 in charges refund 12/09/06

Statements arrived all bound in a folder 16/09/2006

nationwide 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Halifax 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

MBNA request for repayment letter sent 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

DONATE TO KEEP THE SITE OPEN PLEASE

I suggest if the bank is taking DDs from your account, demand to see written authorisation with your signature on it.

I also suggest you write to the bank, instructing them not to takle any direct debits from the account in future.

Tim

For the DDMs that are still classed as 'Active' there is still a responsibility on you to arrange cancellation of them to prevent the situation you now find yourself in. Just because you no longer use the account doesn;t mean there cannot be a DDM attempt. If the mandates were cancelled, (and you can do this be writing to the originators) then and fee changed for bouncing them can be clawed back under the DDM 'guarantee'. Another of the reasns wht I refuse to have DDM's on any of my accounts.

All the DDM were cancelled via the internet and each time they pop up I cancel them again via the internet so none of them were active. I had to use the internet because i cut up the card and the nationwide branch in my town won't access my account without the card. I think it is playing hard ball because of the advances problem but I'm not bothered. I'm happy to let these lie until they respond to my letter asking for an explination and if they don't then they get lumped onto the claim and hopefully interest will be paid.

Request for repayment letter sent on 24 / 08/ 2006 giving 14 days to reply.

S.A.R. issued to:

Citibank international 07/09/2006

Creation Finance 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Nat West Bank 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Mint 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Sainsbury's 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Northern Rock 07/09/2006 letter signed for 8/9/06

Nationwide

S.A.R SENT

07/09/2006

letter signed for 8/9/06

letter offering £120 in charges refund 12/09/06