Welcome Finance : welcome ppi refund

jetty1664
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys,, new on here so can any one understand this having had one loan 4 a car than turned into 7 years of hell and still in £9000 debt with this joke of a firm got letter last month to say there are going to give me back 6000 in ppi ,, ithink great but wait first they going to take some of it for arrears where i was off work and did not meet payments because the ppi i had did not cover me but i still was getting charged intrest anyway had phone call two weeks ago to say arrears had been paid but still in arrears ,,so i phoned :|them back wanting to know where the rest of the money is to which i was told i had to wait 30 days from the 2nd november so am still waiting for the refund will i get the money i am owed or is this a con ]

Sounds right to me. you should get a cheque for the remainder.. . they are right to deduct arrears off the refund amount as its money owed to them . So now you need to do a SAR to them and get all your statements and we can check if the arrears are justified and deal with this seperatly.

thanks for the info chaps made phonecall to them yesterday and just got fobbed off again as when i was getting the refund all they could say was they have a backlog so still waiting also they say i have a new account but i have had no paper work on this yet nor have i signed a new aggreement with then what do u think i should do now

No Signature means no new agreement - they may just mean new account number.

Why would you need new agreement? if they try to fob you off with one tell them to foxtrot oscar - you dont need one they just need to deal with the ones that they have.

Dont let them tell you it's to remove PPI either - they conned me like that and i only recentley found out. If they owe you cash they simply send you cheque - not re-write a loan.

• 1 month later...