style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I did search to see if this has already been posted but couldn't find it.

The previous tenant of where I live now racked up a load of PCNs, and has had bailiffs chasing him ever since. I've deflected most of them with little effort.

I came home today to find a card with my address but no name on the front. On the back it says:

IMPORTANT DELIVERY

URGENT RESPONSE

We have attempted to make a delivery but unfortunately we have been unsuccessful.

PLEASE CALL: 0844 811 7137 to rearrange a convenient time and location for us to redeliver.

We will need to verify your identity before we make a delivery.

It also has 'registered in England no 04118149, PO BOX 50218, London, EC2A 3WR'

No company name stated.

Obviously, it stinks - what delivery company wouldn't tell you who they are - and a little googling led me to JBW Enforcement. However the number didn't come up on google, it was through the postcode.

So I thought I'd post this to make it a bit easier for people to find if they also receive a simliar card. It seems more than a tad misleading and a bit of an unfair tactic.

Hope it helps

TB

Unfair to say the least. They try it with parcels, recorded delivery letters, anything that might get you to the Sorting Office to sign or to phone them. They then get confirmation of where you are.

Edited by Tingy

it is a common ploy by many dca's etc

been reported lots of times

always worth the publicity

i think there is a simular thing on one of the hfo threads

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The previous tenant of where I live now racked up a load of PCNs, and has had bailiffs chasing him ever since. I've deflected most of them with little effort.

I came home today to find a card with my address but no name on the front. On the back it says:

IMPORTANT DELIVERY

URGENT RESPONSE

We have attempted to make a delivery but unfortunately we have been unsuccessful.

PLEASE CALL: 0844 811 7137 to rearrange a convenient time and location for us to redeliver.

No company name stated.

Obviously, it stinks and a little googling led me to JBW Enforcement. However the number didn't come up on google, it was through the postcode.

So I thought I'd post this to make it a bit easier for people to find if they also receive a simliar card. It seems more than a tad misleading.

Hope it helps

TB

IMPORTANT DELIVERY

URGENT RESPONSE

No company name stated.

Obviously, it stinks and a little googling led me to JBW Enforcement. However the number didn't come up on google, it was through the postcode.

So I thought I'd post this to make it a bit easier for people to find if they also receive a simliar card. It seems more than a tad misleading.

Hope it helps

TB

A few bailiff companies were doing the very same last year in the build up towards Christmas. I agree, they really must ensure that they provide their company name. You could write back to them to advise that the person who these debts relates to no longer lives at your address but frankly, most companies would take little notice and will insist that you are responsible to proving this.

This is of course nonsense and it is for the local authorities to ensure that they are abiding by Principle 4 of the Data Protection Act by ensuring that personal data held by them is both up to date and accurate. In this particular case, the date is neither up to date or accurate and you may wish to bring this to the attention of both JBW and the relevant local authority.

Ahhh Jamie up to his old tricks, could be something to do with his new debt collecting service called ' we collect your money.com'

which was launched on November 15th.

I had a look at his spanking new website and found many spelling mistakes and noted this to him on his facebook page. He deleted what I wrote lol, how rude I thought as I was very polite.

This particular FAQ explains what you should do according to his website

http://www.jbwgroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=81:i-have-received-a-letter-from-jbw-group-addressed-to-someone-who-does-not-live-at-this-address-what-should-i-do-next&catid=41

By the way spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are still there, just shows how slack this company is.

i would NOT in anyway reply to the card

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...