EQUIDEBT LTD - Have searched my credit file 12 times in 6 months & defult query.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WHY are they allowed to do this??

I have just got my credit file & seen the had they have 12 x 'Unrecorded Enquiry' entries :jaw:

... Why are they allowed to do this?? :mad2: I dont OWE THEM money?!?!! they are just a bottom feeder making money from people who are already in debt!! :-x

I have also seen 3 defaults, all of which I thought would be Stat Barred by now... As last contact was over 6 years ago... But the defalts were only registered 1st 2007, 2nd 2009 & 3rd THIS YEAR!!!

Does this mean I have to wait ANOTHER 6 years for these to 'fall off' or can I contact them that the debt is disputed, over 6 years old & get the defults removed?? :???:

Thanks in advance. :D

You can raise queries with the CRA you obtained your credit file from. If you suggest to them the default dates are incorrect, they will contact the companies concerned to seek information. Under Data Protection rules the CRA has to maintain accurate data and must seek to correct it if found wrong, if the data subject (you) makes a complaint.

In regard to searches, if these are unrecorded and do not affect your credit rating, then I think they are allowed to make such searches. If on the otherhand they were type 1 searches affecting your rating, you would have a legitimate complaint.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A formal complaint to the ICO MUST be made, not only about the volume of unrecorded searches, which is highly libelous, but you MUST also make a formal complaint to the CRA's who have allowed these searches to be carried out without your express permission OR knowledge, unrecorded searches will not show up on your CRF to anyone else, BUT, this practice is extremely questionable, and complaints MUST be made, drag your local MP in on it as well.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

A formal complaint to the ICO MUST be made, not only about the volume of unrecorded searches, which is highly libelous, but you MUST also make a formal complaint to the CRA's who have allowed these searches to be carried out without your express permission OR knowledge, unrecorded searches will not show up on your CRF to anyone else, BUT, this practice is extremely questionable, and complaints MUST be made, drag your local MP in on it as well.

Thanks for the info... I'll do that..! But what or who is the ICO {sorry I'm Blonde, lol.} ;)