Fitness First & CARS

echowitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cancelled my Fitness First direct debit (in fact it was the wife's DD but the account was in my name) and I've been getting nasty letters from C.A.R.S DCA. I've told them that it was a month by month pay in advance account and I do not owe them £180 (basically 6 months of membership) but they are being the usual dca gits. Now I have a lovely letter from them stating that they are going to go for a CCJ.

Can they ? Im sure they can't as its not a credit agreement, but as I stated above its a pay inadvance monthly dd membership which is now cancelled and they've ceased providing the service as Im not paying.

Anyone know ?

Capital One - Took them to court and they settled for the full £998

Aqua - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £424

Barclaycard - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £636

RBS/Universa - 1st letter sent, settled for £132

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Echowitch,

Do you have a contract or anything else that you signed at the outset, to confirm the basis of your contract with the gym.

This should clearly state if there was a minimum membership period and when that min period expires.

They may well pursue for payments but are v unlikely to take any court action, in my experience.

Let us know. 8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

No idea, as in I don't recall any minimum contract period. And I don't think that anything we signed was given as a copy to us. I need to have a hunt around at home though tbh.

Capital One - Took them to court and they settled for the full £998

Aqua - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £424

Barclaycard - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £636

RBS/Universa - 1st letter sent, settled for £132

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details

If you can't find any contract or m/ship agreement, write and ask CARS to supply this to you in support of their demands for payment.

8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)