Moorcroft DR and M&S

Robw757
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received today a second letter from Moorcroft concerning an M&S chargecard account opened around 5 or 6 years ago. I was originally paying M&S a reduced monthy payment and the account had been closed. I have not heard anything from M&S for around 15 months, until recently when Moorcroft started writing to me.

The first letter was a standard request for payment, the second one is a threat of "possible litigtion" if payment is not received witin four days, I have not spoken to, or written to anyone at moorcroft.

I am not sure how to proceed with this, whether to wait and see what moorcroft say, or send them a CCA request?

Moorcroft are nothing but bull and bluster, amatuerish in the extreme

Send the CCA, don't sign anything get proof of posting and proof of delivery and then wait to see how long it takes them to return the account to their client lol,

• 2 months later...

CCA request was sent on 6th January, Moorcroft replied to me on the 12th saying

"We refer to previous correspondence in respect of the above and duly confirm that our client has confirmed that they have ordered a copy of your agreement which should be with you shortly.

As we have complied with your request we confirm that the hold on your account has been removed and that our normal collection methods will recommence after a period of 7 days from the date of this letter.

We therefore request you make contact to discuss your proposal for repaying this debt"

I have not heard any more from MDR since this letter, and I have not received the CCA from M&S. The request was sent out 18 days ago now.

now you can report them to the oft, the above statement is incorrect an account is on hold until the cca is complied with, in other words you have recieved a copy of the agreement and not before, if no agreement within 12+2 days then the account is in dispute and they can moan as much as they like

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

You gotta Love Moorcr@p and their 'Pre-litigation' 'Pre-visitation, doorstep collection, school' departments, Surely they must know that they are the laughing stock and bring joy to all who receive their puerile threats...I'm feeling left out, can I put my address on here??:lol:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi there

How does this company EVER make any money.

From what I have read on these sites nobody EVER pays Moorcr@p anything in spite of their 100's of sections -- pre-school, pre-pubescent teens, pre-court etc etc.

I'm not sorry that they DON'T make money but it's amazing how they are still in business --almost NOBODY ever pays this lot ONE PENNY and they must be the easiest DCA on the planet to give them the Foxtrot Oscar treatment.

Wish they were all as easy to see off as these people are.

BTW if you ARE being harrassed for debts --if it gets as far as this lot then you can sleep soundly in your beds as they have about as much chance of collecting anything legally as a "Venusian Dust Mite".

Cheers

jimbo

It'll be the unfortunate people who don't know their rights and the buying & selling of these debts which keeps them in business unfortunately.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ok well I have now received what appears to be a valid CCA (signed by me) from M&S... So Moorcroft now expect my proposals for repayment. I am currently unemployed, so I'm not in a position to offer them much

Hmm! You fell lucky....punk!..

I think you have more chance of me knocking on your door asking if Her Majesty may use your Lavatory.......

Then again, you never know, what you don't ask and all that!

• 2 months later...

I have received a letter from Direct legal collections (DLC) saying that an M&S money debt I had has been transfered to them (from Moorcroft). I had asked moorcroft twice to right off the debt, but had no response and for some reason they have transfered it. A CCA was produced by M&S with my signature on it.

DLC are asking for full repayment. I am unable to do this as I am currently out of work. Any advie on how to proceed?

When you say "transferred" has it been assigne to DLC.. do they now own the account under assignment. Or has it just been transferred to them as a Debt collection agency for them to collect payment ?

Have you provided them with an Income and Expenditure form in order to show that you are only able to pay so much if anything.

Do you have any assets such as property that could be at risk ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Well it says that I have failed to respond to letters from a previous agency (moorcroft), which is not true. I CCA's moorcoft and also sent I&E , and two requests to have debt written off. I do not have any assets. The debts is approx £1000

Have all your letters been sent by Recorded delivery ? or at the very least did you obtain a free proof of posting from the post office. ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It sounds as though this is just another Debt Collection agency on your case. You might find a useful letter to send in the following link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?291468-Fighting-back-with-CPUTR-2008..../page45

BCOBS