M&M v Woolwich ***WON PPI claim with Compound Int't***

MandM
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4637 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

Put in a claim for PPI on a loan from 10 years ago with the Woolwhich (now Barclays).

Got a letter from them couple of weeks ago re; looking into the complaint.

Got this letter back this morning.

woolwhichppi001.jpg

Not sure what to do now.

Mrs M

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mrs M,

Have you seen this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?280317-***URGENT***-Get-your-claim-for-PPI-in-now!!

Check out Stickies in the PPI forums as there will be other threads about this delay in the banks handling PPI claims.

8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi everyone sorry have been up to my eyes in family problems since I last appeared.

Update on this thread have contacted Barclays re the PPI and informed them that as the case they were referring to has now been sorted I would now like the money they owe me.

Will let you know what happens.

Mrs M

• 3 months later...

Ha ha! Finished at last!

Barclays wrote early August to say that they were inundated with claims but would do their best to give a full response by end of August.

End of August came and another letter together with a cheque offering about 80% of the amount claimed together with an explanation about the difficulties due to the age of this account. Payment accepted.

Mike

Well done Mike, good result, do you mind if i ask -was your first contact with Woolwich or Barclays, and was contact in the form of a SAR? or other means,? this would help enormously, i am about to go for Woolwich, also may i ask why you setttled for 80% what about the other 20% of your money? i am not criticising i may do the same, just seeking thoughts, Regards Ro

Hi Ro,

All contact was with Barclays. 2 loans from about 10/11 years ago. Luckily I still had the original loan forms filed away (that's a rarity lol) which showed the PPI added.

After the court rulings back in May (I think) Barclays wrote to all that had put a claim in before April and said they would repay the PPI plus interest - no arguments. So, decided to wait it out and see. Hence the result!

The period of 10/11 years ago was a time when I would often take loans short term and often repaid them early due to the bonus system I was on at work. So I was unsure myself how long the 2 loans had actually run for and, although I had used SAR, it told me very little due to the age so would have required a lot more digging. The 80% therefore seemed a good option, especially as I had the cheque in my hand!

Mike

Many thanks Mike, much appreciated, my thinking is that as i have woolwich going back to 02, i would think that they being the original creditor,it is they i should send SAR to, in order to start the process, All the best to you, regards Ro

Many thanks Mike, much appreciated, my thinking is that as i have woolwich going back to 02, i would think that they being the original creditor,it is they i should send SAR to, in order to start the process, All the best to you, regards Ro

SAR to Barclays

M

Hi M&M,

Can you confirm what interest you claimed - ie simple or compounded, and at what rate.

Hope you're both well.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi M&M,

Can you confirm what interest you claimed - ie simple or compounded, and at what rate.

Hope you're both well.

Hi Slick. Hope you're well too :-).

Compounded. However, the amount was a discretionary amount with no calcs attached, by coincidence it came to about 80% of the amount claimed so certainly wasn't worth arguing further in my opinion.

Mike

Hi M&M,

Sounds like a great result for you. :whoo:

Thread title changed to reflect your win.

Hi M&M,

Sounds like a great result for you. :whoo:

Thread title changed to reflect your win.

Thank you Slick. And I wish you the very best as always. Look forward to speaking again soon.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bobs,

You can compare the difference yourself easily.

Put your PPI charges onto 2 spreadsheets :-

1. First use a simple interest spready to see what int't you get in total.

2. Then use this compound int't spready. I suggest you use a nominal rate of 24.9% to see what you could claim as interest in restitution - http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/interestcalcs.xls

Read more about interest in restitution in the Interest Tutorial linked below in my signature.

If you want to discuss this further, use your own thread to avoid hijacking. :-D

:wink: