hairyone gets a mucky hull threat-o-gram for sb debt

hairyone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have also recieved a letter from MH stating

this notice is given to you as required by the consumer credit act 1974 because you fell behind with your payments under this agreement with your original creditor...

then it states statement of my account

statement date is 27/10/2010

period covering 01/10/2008 to 27/10/2010

vendour hfc bank

opening balence on 29/04/2010 is £2,474.85

i havent replyed because i have taken no credit out through hfc, the only thing i can think this is is from a store card 16 years ago with miss selfridges or topshop which i vaguely remember being hfc bank, other that that nothing.

i recived another letter today stating despite previous contact and failing to respond, they have obtained this alternative address as a financial link, linking the address to my previous abose, supplyed by a credit reference agency, they are now threatening payment by deadline of 23/11/10.. im very worried, please can anyone give me any advice on this matter

much appreciated

thanks x

regarding the last thread im just concerned they can put a charge on my property, is this possible

They'd need to successfully obtain a CCJ first and you'd then need to default on that CCJ before they could secure a property charge..... so it's not quite as easy as they like to make out. Sounds like it's stat. barred anyway.

:-)

thanks, i been having sleepless nights over these letters :(

Mack Hall? Not worth worrying about... There's nothing they can do re. a stat. barred debt anyway and it would be up to them to prove it's not stat. barred; not the other way around.

You can either ignore their correspondence or send the stat. barred letter (by rec. delivery) that's in the template library. :-)

i just find it wierd that they can put dates on this so called debt as being recent in last 2 years which is most definatly not the case, yes 15 years ago but nothing in last few years as i have repaired my credit long time ago x

i just find it wierd that they can put dates on this so called debt as being recent in last 2 years which is most definatly not the case, yes 15 years ago but nothing in last few years as i have repaired my credit long time ago x

Welcome to the seedy side of debt collection, where rules are made up and phantom payments are made.... all in an attempt to flush out those poor consumers who know very little about their rights and won't question anything.

Hi Hairyone

Welcome to by far the best forum on the net, you say your ( very worried ) listen Hairy you dont need to be honestly just take heed of the previous advice and either ignore or send the appropiate letter to the ****.

Personally I'd IGNORE.

Any probs then drop us a line, ( Try not to put to many dates and numbers in your threads as this may compromise your I, D. as we have TROLLS viewing these pages!

Mr W

i have also recieved a letter from MH stating

this notice is given to you as required by the consumer credit act 1974 because you fell behind with your payments under this agreement with your original creditor...

then it states statement of my account

statement date is 27/10/2010

period covering 01/10/2008 to 27/10/2010

vendour hfc bank

opening balence on 29/04/2010 is £2,474.85

i havent replyed because i have taken no credit out through hfc, the only thing i can think this is is from a store card 16 years ago with miss selfridges or topshop which i vaguely remember being hfc bank, other that that nothing.

i recived another letter today stating despite previous contact and failing to respond, they have obtained this alternative address as a financial link, linking the address to my previous abose, supplyed by a credit reference agency, they are now threatening payment by deadline of 23/11/10.. im very worried, please can anyone give me any advice on this matter

much appreciated

thanks x

Regards..Mr Worried :)

MHall have been chasing a lot of store accounts lately. Most of them are so old they would qualify for pensions before long. They are relying totally on people not knowing their rights and are probably making a tidy sum from people who are worried. You have done the right thing to seek advice and the best thing to do is to write to them by recorded delivery telling them to go away and stop bothering you. If they don't you can strike back and report the cretins to the OFT. the more who do this about this company chasing sb debt the better because that would increase the pressure on the pen pushers to activate the sanctions they handed out to MHall last year.

If you really want piece of mind in black and white, go online and get a free copy of your credit report and see what's on there. I did it through Equifax then you can cancel the agreement within one month and its cost you nothing. However, you don't need to as everyone above is right!

MH have been chasing a lot of VERY old debts recently - I got a letter from them about a Co-op bank account that hasn't been active since 1995 and as far as I remember it had a nil balance !

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

blimey a nil balance and they still want money.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I suspect it's charges (+ interest etc etc) from a direct debit that didn't get transferred to new account.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.