michelle v's halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck Michelle!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

hi everyone

Received letter today from my own halifax branch... "charge complaint"...transferred to Constomer Regulations will be in touch in due course!

sented prelm.letter on 6th sept to my own branch and head office( no reply from them) have until 20th sept to reply..

have read on a couple of thread people have asked for payment to be made by cheque can you request this in your LBA???

Yes its up to you how you want to be paid, but if you owe them money they also have the right to offset the, the charges to repay what you owe them

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Received gesture of goodwill letter today 22/9 ... Am about to post LBA letter..do I have to send refusal letter for goodwill 1st.

Since Prelim letter I was charged antoher £97 can I add this to LBA or do I have to wait for the next stage (court)..

hope this makes sence??

michelle

Prelmi sent 6/9/06 ....£852

Received Goodwill offer £392.00 22/9

LBA

thanks tinkerbell

abit confessed??

Read refusals letter .. LBA seem to be sent before offer came...

how should I word my next letter

Should I return unsigned acceptance with LBA and mention I will accept as 1st insalement???

Or send rejection letter, and tell them that they will be receiving LBA.????

want to post them in morning??

michelle

Merely delete the first sentence of the LBA and substitute this from the rejection letter:

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xx

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement. I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder,

• 2 weeks later...

quick update on progress!:)

sent Prelim letter ,got reply with goodwill gesture offered... sent letter back(RD), declined this offer at the same time I sent LBA(SD) response from halifax..

"As a gesture of goodwill I offered to refun six months worth of charges, which you declined. Halifax does have to recover costs(did someone forget to add "not" here) and I would confirm therefore, that we will not refund all the charges your have incurred over the last six years/since opening your account. If your still not happy contact FOS" bah bah bah.!!!!

Should I take this letter as reply to "gesture" and await reply to LBA.. or do you think this one covers both my letters???

I sent me letters to leeds this one came back from Brimingham!

michelle

timelimit up on 10/10/06

You probably wont get another response so start your claim on the 10th as per your timetable ok?

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

• 1 month later...

4 threads merged. Please do not start new threads for each query or update...

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.