Being sued by Virgin trains

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This letter that the OP was sent was in fact an attempt to steal his information.

I received an almost identical one from Southeastern rail today only mine was in relation to an assault that I had apparently commited on a train. The wording was almost identical and the fax number was exactly the same too. I do not travel on trains so wondered what it was all about.

I contacted Southeastern and the British transport police, neither of which knew what the letter referenced to!

My advice is to always check these things before EVER giving ANYONE any personal information.

It is simply unfortunate that the OP happened to travel on trains regularly and had done the said offence so thought it was legit.

I do hope he hasn't ended up giving out any personal details!

How do you know that it was an attempt to steal details, perhaps someone gave your details as false to avoid any future contact.

I know because I contacted southeastern directly who informed me that it had nothing to do with them and the reference code that was on the letter was formatted incorrectly.

The letter asked for my occupation, national insurance number etc. None of which are relevant to an assault investigation.