Dads car finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4947 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

My mum and dad took out car finance in joint names end of last year. My mum passed away earlier this year and now dad cant afford to pay the finance on his wages.

I have asked the finance company to reduce payments do a rewrite or something cause dad needs the car to get to work and will have to pack his job in without it.

Finance company have said no they wont help, the payments are what they are - they are going to confirm this in writing to dad. They have asked me to complete a form showing what he has got going out and what he has got coming in, but I dont see the point if they wont reduce payments on a permenant basis.

Does anyone know what will happen now, they didnt take out insurances and dad has not paid more than a third.

Thanks muchly in advance

well they have no right to the i/e for a start.

i'd ping postggj and get him onboard for a few ideas

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Thank you for replying, no there is no insurances on the Finance that was the first thing I checked when mum died. I have had a look on the debt website and direct.gov but they have only got info if you are behind in payments but we are not - everything is paid upto date as agreed with the company (they did agreed a temporary drop in payments while we got sorted out cause dad was off sick with depression and a broken arm for about 6 weeks)

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0457110

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration Number First Response Finance Limited3560611

Categories:

Consumer credit Credit brokerage Provision of debt-counselling on a commercial basis

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Trading Name(s) (Current):

First Autos First Response Finance New Response New Response Finance NP Finance

Issued Date: 04-Nov-1998

Date Maintenance Payment Due: 08-Nov-2013

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Donald James Brough Hideaki Nagashima Hisayoshi Ojima Isamu Akiyama John Stewart Fellows Jonathan Pollard Mitsugu Katou Steven Blackshaw

Historic Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePosition Akira MitsuyasuOFFICER Daniel Nikolas SmithOFFICER Donald Jmaes BroughOFFICER Ernest Nocholas John Oxenham MillerOFFICER Imiyaz RahamanOFFICER James Bowman WanlessOFFICER Jaspal CalotierOFFICER John GlancyOFFICER John Stewart FellowsOFFICER Kiyoshi YamaguchiOFFICER Mitsutaka IshidaOFFICER Mr Michael Alistair George NicholsonOFFICER Mr Robert Michael GoughOFFICER Mr Steven BlackshawOFFICER Richard Paul GreenOFFICER Robert Edward Gordon-BlackerOFFICER Shinji YokomitzuOFFICER Shuichi OkazakiOFFICER

Nature of Business:

Other Hire Purchase/Conditional Sale Agreements

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Principal Place Of BusinessChetwynd Business Park, 5 Regan Way, Chilwell, Nottingham, NG9 6RZ Registered Office5, Regan Way, Chilwell, Beeston, NOTTINGHAM, NG9 6RZ, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddress Correspondence11A, West Street, Leominster, HR6 8EP Principal Place Of Business1 SGCS Park, Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham, Notts, NG9 2ND Principal Place Of Business11A, Unit 104, SGCS Park, Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2ND Principal Place Of BusinessUnit 104, SGCS Park Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham, Notts, NG9 2ND Registered Office1 SGCS Park, Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham, Notts, NG9 2ND Registered Office56, High Pavement, Nottingham, NG1 1HX Registered OfficeChetwynd Business Park, 5 Regan Way, Chilwell, Nottingham, NG9 6RZ Registered OfficeUnit 104, SGCS Park Technology Drive, Beeston, Nottingham, Notts, NG9 2ND

Dynamic.aspx?text=BackDynamic.aspx?text=History

bkg.oft.gif

©Copyright 2007, Office of Fair Trading Version 1.0.2.16365

Partners In Enforcement: Office of Fair Trading, Consumers Association, The Information Commissioner, Financial Services Authority, OFTEL, The Office of Gas and Electricity Markets and every Trading Standards Service in Great Britain.

Hi middleaged

This is the statement from First Responce CEO . .

First Response Finance Ltd CEO Don Brough, has outlined that the Company

doesn’t start with profit, it starts with

People.

If you take care of your

People, it’s reasonable to presume that they will take

care of providing an excellent

Service and support improvements by making

suggestions of how to do this.

As a company, if you take care to provide an excellent

Service, it’s

reasonable to presume that your customers will want to do more business

with you, and that should take care of the

Profit.

It is our aim to be a ‘best in class’ sub-prime financial services company,

offering a range of facilities and financial products to it’s customers, delivered

by well trained and committed employees working together to achieve

excellent levels of service and long term profits.

First Response will foster an atmosphere of cooperation in achieving our

company goals, where honesty, trust and ethical behaviour are applauded

and desired, and where employees and customers are treated with respect

and due consideration.

Don Brough

Chief Executive Officer

I'd aske them if they support their CEO and if so they should be abiding by his statement regarding how "People" are treated and the lack of the "due consideration" given your unfortunate situation

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Usual micky mouse sub prime car finance racket

have you done a formal request in writing or just on the phone

Not asked in writing only over the phone, but they have said they are going to put the refusal to help in writing. So looking forward to that

oh its great to see the master at work

shame you gave them the car, though i think you are in for a windfall here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

oh its great to see the master at work

shame you gave them the car, though i think you are in for a windfall here

dx

They have not got the car back, there is no default on the payment yet - its all up to date. It will default soon cause he cant afford the payments, I suppose thats when they will want it back.

How much was the loan for originally and how much has been paid back. Any idea on the APR? Is it possible for him to take out a loan for the outstanding balance and pay off the loan in essence re-writing the loan?

How much was the loan for originally and how much has been paid back. Any idea on the APR? Is it possible for him to take out a loan for the outstanding balance and pay off the loan in essence re-writing the loan?

The apr is really high I think. They took out the finance in december last year and its over 3 years so there is not a lot paid and its £220.00 per month.

I dont think he will be able to get a personal loan, my mum was rubbish with money and we have had lots of dca 's writing chasing money ( only find out about all this since she died)