Re full settlement-spoke too soon!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of advice please……I have sent the first request letter (as per copy in library) into my local branch dated 1st April- and I am in the process of confirming that they have received it so I can send out my second letter has it has been over 14 days- however this is not as easy as it seems!!

I contacted the call centre to ask to be put through to my local branch and was asked my name and what it was in relation to, I said my bank account, I was pressed for more details and when I said I wanted to confirm they had received my letter, I was then told that the line was busy to my local branch- that there was no direct line I could have (!), that an internal email would be sent to them asking them to call me back, and no…, I couldn’t have a email address and when I asked the customer adviser (!) to check my account to see if the letter was received the system was down and no they couldn’t check….(!)

Next I contacted the call centre again and went via the mortgage advice line…. Surprise surprise answered quicker but again was very keen to establish why I wanted put through to my local branch and when I said I was transferred to yet another adviser asked the same questions before being at last; passed to my local branch- who were miraculous able to check the system which was down, and told me that they have no record of letter.

I said I was surprised as my request for the statements went out on recorded delivery to same address and was acknowledged- according to person I spoke with in local branch because it is a closed account they can’t check- yet they could see I had requested statements- I feel I am getting the run around and I really regret not sending this first request recorded delivery too. I think they are stalling for time- should I send another first letter this time to the Trinty Rd address and send it recorded or can I send the second letter without the first being acknowledged??

I have just been contacted by my local branch to say that they have been in contact with Preston and Glasgow (according to them this is who is dealing with these 'type of requests') and because of the nature of the request they need to get the information which they can do overnight and will call me tomorrow......

yet they still have not confirmed receiving the letter and when I asked for the address to contact them I was told that they would telephone me tomorrow. So I'll wait and see what tomorrow brings.......

Guest Lueeze

I would send the 2nd letter...sod waiting for someone to call back (they rarely do) and you end up wasting time and effort trying to get things done.

I bet they will only act once you file with the court

Good Luck

your're dead right! The letter is sitting ready and I will be posting it tomorrow- if they call then no harm done and if they don't then i'm ahead of them....

• 5 weeks later...

the story so far..... after the LBA I was offered £165- which I turned down- then on the very day that the two week deadline was up- I got a letter from Damian Robertshaw-Customer relations Manager telling me as I had turned down offer of £490 (??) to 'please' understand that they are not prepared to refund all the charges and letting me know if I had any probs with this to contact Financial Ombudsman service.

Anyway I have ignored this letter and gone ahead and I am in the process of completing the claim form trying to get it off ASAP!

I have been reading the emails on the site and trying to get as much info on this process but if anyone has any encouraging tips or at the same stage, I would really appreciate any support!

• 1 month later...

What a nightmare!! Have had the claim form returned three times due to irregularities....... For anyone filing a claim in NI you will need an additional form because the company you wish to take to court is based in England.

I am hoping that this next posting will be third and final…… will keep you all posted!

• 1 month later...

Just got letter today from Jonthan Palmer, Customer Relations Manager @ Halifax confirming that 'without admissions of liability Halifax will be reimbursing me- total amount of charges + court fee'

I should have the money in five days- and in true Halifax fashion they have included a nice little blurb at bottom of letter telling me 'ultimately the account is my responsibility and that they will withdraw my account facilities if I have any charges in future'-

I won't.............I haven't had an account with them for years (!)-

Ultimately because they wouldn't stop taking money out of my account under the guise of 'justified' charges-

A big thank you to all in the forum for help and support and also good luck to everybody still going through the process, wishing you all every success!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a letter dated 24th August which i received the 26th August assuring me that i would receive full settlement (including court fee) in 5 days.

I still haven't recieved a penny. My account is closed with Halifax so I was expecting a cheque. My dead line for settlement is 19th Sept.

What should I do?? Have others had similar experience?

I have a letterfrom the Halifax dated 24th August which I received the 26th August assuring me that i would receive full settlement (including court fee) in 5 days.

I still haven't recieved a penny. My account is closed with Halifax so I was expecting a cheque. My dead line for settlement is 19th Sept.

What should I do?? Have others had similar experience?

Send them a letter giving them another 7 days to deposit funds, stating that failure to comply will result in a default notice being issued against them. Let's see how they like being on the receiving end for a change, eh.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent 04/09/06, awaiting reply.

Statements arrived 11/11/06 along with cover letter apologising for going over Data Protection Act time limit and promising to refund DPA fee, prelim letter sent out same day.

Yeh i would give them a call, they are probably writting so many cheques that they have lost yours. Either call them or write to them, there should be some notes somewhere about this money you are owed so should be recieved quickly.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.

Probably just held up as your account is closed.. I would ring just to check that they have not tried to credit the closed account..

HSBC

09th June 2006 - Data Protection Act Request

21st June 2006 - Acknowledgement from HSBC

30th June 2006 - 33 letters arrive - 6yrs statements

01st July 2006 - Preliminary request for £2868.24.

12th July 2006 - HSBC offered me £1995, I declined.

17th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £2970

01st August 2006 - MCOL for £3778 (inc 8% + fees)

08th August 2006 - HSBC defending ....

31st August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - Wooooooohoooooo.

Halifax

09th June 2006- Data Protection Act Request

22nd June 2006 - Acknowledgement from Halifax

08th July 2006 6yrs statements arrive.

10th July 2006 - Preliminary request for £1393.08.

21st July 2006 - Halifax offered £115, I declined..

24th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £1421.

08th August 2006 - MCOL for £1822 (inc 8% and fees)

16th August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - woooohoooo

3 threads merged. Please stick to this one from now on.....

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks