Letters started arriving from DLC again!

Yesideez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've lived in this cottage about 18 months now.

When we first moved in we had letters from DLC for various people (some were the previous tenants) and they stopped.

Just had a letter arrive from them for someone completely different and the amount owed is very large.

Is there any way we can get them to stop sending us letters for all these people? If anything it's just plain annoying and not wanting things to go missing for someone else's debt.

The other thing I'm wondering about is this debt dates back to 2001 - isn't there a cut-off point when debts can no longer be chased?

You might be able to stop it, but it will take time and effort, and probably cost you a bit in postage and telephone calls.

The path of least hassle is just mark everything 'not known at this address' and put it back in the post box. It will stop eventually, but if they're not your debts then it will have no effect on you personally or your goods.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

They really are nothing to do with us and will definitely do as mentioned should we receive any more mail from them.

I'm only worried about our belongings as my brother fell foul of another DCA many years ago and lost a lot of his belongings - lots of musical equipment. Someone in his band had debts, my brother's equipment was at their house and he lost everything.

I opened the letter hoping to find a phone number to contact them on so I could tell them no-one by that name lives here or has (as far as I'm aware) although I did check Google and found someone with that name living nearby but I won't let them know. I don't want to do any work for these people.

Thank-you for your swift reply.

If the letters are not addressed to you bin them, or RTS, if you wish to write and inform them your time is £9.75 pr hr in correspondence to them also nearest post box is 2 miles away, hence mileage allowance, they are Phishing letters no doubt.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Once a debt collector has been informed that a debt is Statute Barred if they continue to pursue without proving the contrary they will be in breach of OFT guidelines and they could be prosecuted for Harassment.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

...and with it not being a debt or myself not even knowing the individual concerned I'll have no way of knowing whether it's been statute barred or not.

I'm still no cleare on whether a debt that old can be chased or not - Mike thanks for your reply but I don't understand any of what you typed!

As you say this is nothing to do with you the easiest course of action has already been given to you . . just scribble over the address and mark the envelope as either NOT KNOWN or NO LONGER AT THIS ADDRESS and send it back unopened

If you try and get involved you will more than likely just make matters worse for yourself

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=