***help/advise needed**** ppi claim against hfc/beneficial finanace*****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, anyone that can help please!!

The details :

June 2002 took a loan for £5000

Was told that life and critical insurance was a condition of the loan - Not requested and not given option to cancel or shown figures ex- insurance claims.

I was working at the time of applying for the loan but went to university a few months later and was not able to make the full payments everymonth. I struggled to make the payments and was then told to re-structure the loan.

The loan was restructured to repayments of £80.00 a month, the intrest on the account has been front loaded and the ammount of the loan is now 12K plus! to be repayed over 84 months!!!

I have been paying since June 2002 and will be doing so till 2012!

So i have submitted a PPI claim since the start of the loan which began June 2002 and the total cost of the insurance was £1600.51 the insurance rate on the loan is 13.56%.

Can i reclaim the PPI + the interest at the rate the loan was charged at and is it charged or claimed since the duration of the loan ? How would i calculate this ?

Also I received a copy of my agreement for which my signature is nor present!!

Any advise or help appreciated.

The last correpondence said they need to investigate my claim and will advise in 28 days from the 1st Oct.

have a look at the other HFC threads both here and the HFC forum

they will try every trick ing the book to put you off.

if you have the agreement then its cut and dry

the fos will make HFC cough.

you say it was refinanced?

was this a new agreement you signed?

if so, you will have been charged interest on intererst and PPI on PPI very naughty

but sadly very typical of HFC.

if you can please scan up your agreements.

you are in for a big windfall

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks dx100uk, basically i was unaware of what has been going on until recently and I think the HFC new that too so tried to pull the wool over my eyes.

When the loan was taken i was told I would have to have the protection, when I couldnt make payments they would ring me and bully me, a couple of times someone at the branch knew me or knew of me and told the account manager my brother was getting married so he rang me and accused me of having money because my brother was getting married, he claimed he new lots about about me and had to pay...i obviously told him it was none of his business and put a complaint it..i have hated there attitude and bullish attitude.

Anyway when i was unable to make the full payments we made an agreement of £80 a month,but my agreement now reads as though my original loan ammount taken was 12k! even though it was 5K. The agreement that was sent to me was not the orgignal one, it was from the re-structure my signature is not present, I will try and scan and put up a copy of everything I have had from them.

How do I calculate the interest that is owed to me if the PPI was £1600,51 from June 2002. I know the HFC have been screwing me for money for the last 8 yeas and intend on doing so for the next 3 years! for which I will have paid 12K back for a 5K loan.

get the agreements up and we'll sort it

dj1971 will pick up on it too and help.

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Received a letter from HFC this morning, it claims that there is nothing that they can do as there is currently an investigation regarding some Bankers Association and the FSO about the regulations of PPI, i've left the letter at work so just writing this to see if anyone knows what I'm talking about or more to the point what they are talking about!

I do have every intesnion to upload the statements and letters but after scanning them realised that i'd left my address on the letters so need to rescan.

Should I just begin to pursue this claim through the FSO, im lost as to what to do now...

any help or advise appreciated again please.

Batley,

HFC are referring to the legal challenge the "British Bankers Association" (BBA) are brining against the "Financial Services Authority" FSA who are the regulator of financial services industry.

The legal challenge is in relation to some new rules which FSA are introducing about the way banks etc sell PPI and indeed investigate complaints from customers about having been mis-sold PPI.

As I understand it, the BBA are suggesting FSA cannot force banks to apply the new rules to old claims.

Many of the banks have said that they will put complaints regarding the mis-selling of PPI on hold until the outcome of the legal challange being brought against the FSA.

The Financial Services Authority have said that they expect banks and other financial institutes to continue investigating claims of mis-sold ppi as they have been doing and have not granted permission for claims to be put on hold.

Therefore I suggest you contact the Financial Ombudsman Service and get your complaint registered with them. Be aware that they are completely snowed under with complaints about the mis-selling of PPI and will likely take quite some time to investigate your complaint. However the sooner you register your claim with them, the sooner your case will be looked into.

Good luck

DJ

spoke to fos again today

they are none too happy that hfc have done this

appearently it seems they have sent the letters to everyone reclaiming ppi

at whatever stage their claim is at.

esp to customers that they have already been told to cough on

this is why they have been dragging their heels on paying out

even though they have been told to do so by the fos.

my adj was not a happy bunny

he was already pushing hard for hfc to be fined again and is now even more determined to do something more to fine them

just got to convince his gods!

and they