**Bailiffs took my car this morning - please advise** ***WON!!!***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, apologies for not updating my thread for a long time......... thought it best to stay quiet until this was sorted :-)

The final hearing to decide everything took place this morning, and I got an incredible result (I think!!) The upshot is, my car is being returned to me.......... and the bailiff's fees (that were standing at just short of 3K) have been reduced to under £300!!!

Big thanks to everybody who supported me with this, especially PT. I'd have given up straight away without your advice and support.......... I truly appreciate your help. :-) xxxx

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

That is fantastic.:whoo:

Lets hope others read this and fight back as well, just goes to show they can't walk all over you and get away with it!

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I'm very pleased for you. No doubt the relief it is all over, far outweighs any recompense you may have hoped or fought for especially considering everything else I know you have had on your mind.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A good result hedgey :D

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Thank you sooooo much everybody, it's lovely to hear your best wishes :-) My apologies for not being online..... I'm trying to pick up as many shifts as possible at work and I'm about as much use as a chocolate teapot at the moment!!!

PT..... you're spot on, it's a relief to just have this over and done with so that I can concentrate on other 'things' at the moment. But again, I want to thank you for supporting me throughout this, because I really wouldn't have done it without you :-) xxx

The debt on the car isn't cleared, but that's ok. We've agreed that I'll continue to make the payments I was making - but this time they've been rubber-stamped by a judge, so at least the bailiffs won't be knocking on my door again!!! The huge part of this for me has been that the bailiffs 'fees' have pretty much been written off............ from demanding a few quid short of £3K, they've been awarded - pretty much nothing!!! However, when you also consider that they had to buy my car back from the person who purchased it at auction (and that person serviced it, did a new MOT, stuck a brand new set of alloy wheels on it, had the brakes re-done, steam cleaned the engine, fixed the handbrake and valeted it inside and out, so they probably demanded quite a bit extra than what they paid for it!!!!), I reckon the lovely bailiffs are slightly out of pocket!! ;-)

What really worries me is that there must be a LOT of people out there who aren't aware of CAG who would have just rolled over and taken what was dished out to them. People don't realise that they CAN fight back with something like this.......... how many more people is this sort of thing happening to on a daily basis? Because the 'yard' that I picked my car up from was literally filled with cars of all makes and models, and they were all vehicles that had been seized by bailllifs from across the North West of England.

Thank you everybody, I really couldn't have done this without CAG - and particularly PT. I hope anybody with a similiar problem ends up on CAG and fights back too :-)

xxx

• Haha 1

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.