lost my ISA status

themobbster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a £15k ISA mature in march this year and I mistakenly filled in the form that was sent to me 2 weeks before maturity ( i asked for the money to be paid in to my current account) I realised next day I'd made a mistake and went in to the nationwide and asked them to contact the dept that had sent me the form and instruct them to ignore my instructions and leave the money where it was. I returned a few days later and asked if they had a reply from the email. They range the branch concerned and received an assurance that the email had been received and they would follow the new instructions.

On the day of maturity £15k appeared in my current account. I went down to my branch for an explanation and was told it was not a problem!! they could get the ISA status reversed and I filled out another bond form investing the £15 in another ISA bond, I was told the £15k would leave my current account in about 2 weeks. 5 months later the £15 was still in my current account and on contacting the bonds dept was told they had no record of any bond applications in my name. I started a complaints procedure against the nationwide and they have offered me £50 compensation. I think this is completely unacceptable. Anyone got any suggestions?