Have I broke the terms of Bankruptcy agreement!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could answer my question. I was made bankrupt 11 months ago. Found it all easy and havent had any real issues ( aside glasgow city council :evil:)

2 weeks ago, I had to take out a loan from Wonga, didnt even realise I would manage it! I paid it back, but I'm worried that I may be in breach of my bankruptcy terms?! I'm too scared to call AIB and ask.

I'm sure that in my terms from the AIB I'm not allowed to have ANY credit, OR it wasn't allowed to be more than £500?

Under the terms of your bankrupcty you are not allowed to obtain credit over £500 without telling the lender that you are bankrupt. Failure to do so may be a criminal offence. However given that you have now paid the loan back it would be unlikely that your trustee would ever get wind of your breach.

you can have credit but you must tell the company loaning you that you are currently bankrupt.

the good thing is that you paid it back.

here are some example where the AIB have took action:

http://www.aib.gov.uk/About/annualtargets/BROBRU/bankruptcyrestrict

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)