Too embarrassed to ask!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been a cagger since 2006 and over the last 2 yrs or so I have spent much of my time chasing the antics of a few DCA's or in the depths of Loan and Mortgage agreements and deep stuff many people find daunting (surprised myself how deep I've got!) ...BUT.....I have taken my eye off the original cause of bank and credit card charges so much so that I haven't a clue as to what the status is now or whether there are people still claiming these charges back so I thought I'd sneak on here in the Bear Garden before I make a complete ass (Bookie knows I'm an occassional ass anyway :madgrin:) of myself by opening up a thread on the main forum (I'm managing the risk as they say in the credit profession LOL). Anyway, are there any kind souls on here who might just tell me a couple of the basics on Credit card claims?

I know the bank charges issue resulted in charges being capped at £12 - (I think) but what has happened to the credit card charges? I had a friend around last night and he bought all his statements and there's £12 charges on those (Credit Cards) and some PPI, I know we can claim PPI, but what about these Late Payment charges, can we claim them back?

Just need bringing back up to speed if anyone wouldn't mind?

Edited by andrew1

I'm glad you asked, I could do with an overview of it all again - got lost towards the end.

I know the OFT said they would investigate/intervene (some sort) of charges if they were anymore than £12, not capped as such. As far as I know credit card claims are still ok?!

Well well, just had a phone call from a friendly cagger who spotted my plight. It would appear that card charges were set by an OFT ' Guideline' which said that any charge over £12 would be seen as excessive, but it's just a guideline so we can go for them still and people are winning, not like the banks where bank charges claims were given a thumbs down in court short of UTCC's Unfair terms s5.1 should anyone like to chase them. Apparently not many do.

However, credit cards are still being claimed and some are getting contractual interest too so on my chums first cap 1 card he has 30.59% contractual which should amount to a nice little claim if all goes well :lol:

I'll have to go and sharpen my knives for all these and swot up on a few threads I've been recommended to take a peek at, this is good news given I've been out of these things for a while.

Thank you young lady (you know who you are! - LOL) for saving my blushes!

Andrew1 xx :wink: