ombudsman says no help about citi cards PPI reclaim - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - hope ive posted in right place!

ive come to your site a good few years ago and got great advise, but site looks different now.

ok here goes

- i had a Citi credit card that i tried to reclaim PPI on due to it been put on without me asking & i am, and was when i took it out, self employed.

In 2006/7 i got into difficulties ( recession started for me then) and fell behind on cards, defaulted, sorted a repayment plan with Citi, and paid back monthly. 

tried to get PPI back when i looked into it, they said no, went Ombudsman - they said no. 

Opus took over, i asked them about reclaiming my PPI, i paid the £10 for SAR (?) and worked out with the spreadsheet you had my claim to be 12k -ish - i asked for advise here and were told to ask for a copy of original paperwork - they said could not find it, someone here said tell them when they send you what your entitled to, you'll pay, which i did, they stopped writting/nagging, i stopped paying anything.

I always assumed they decided they owed me more than i owed them - so drew a line, and ive not heard from them in approx 5/6 years.

got a letter from Opus saying even though i was declined previously PPI - i may now be able to put the claim in, so question is, do you think its a 'fishing' letter to start contact, or truthfully has anyone else here gone back and re-claimed from Citi/Opus? 

regards 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its under the plevin ruling and wont reset anything.

go for it!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

9 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

its under the plevin ruling and wont reset anything.

go for it!

dx

ive just been looking back at my thread, and its actually 7/8 years now since i paid anything to that outstanding balance, but its Opus who wrote to me, and the PPI was on with Citi originally, so no point in putting info in Opus's website.

Well i wouldnt use their website no

But they are stating i expect, that they charged you hidden commission and you might well be owed money

Send them a plevin reclaim letter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...