Tesco & virgin mobile phone scam reported by bbc watchdog

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TESCO MOBILE PHONE [problem]

Beware thinking 'unlimited' texts or internet use means what it normally means in the English language. In Tesco - speak or Virgin Mobile -speak it means there is a hidden limit and you will be charged without realising it.

Have a look at this link for the basic outline of the BBC Watchdog programme about these scams broadcast on September 16. Further links will take you to the Watchdog programme site to view the programme with Anne Robinson.

The networks have been doing this for quite a while, I'm surprised people are only just starting to notice. The term "Unlimited" really does need to stop being used, a "Fair Use Policy" is literally nothing more than a limit under another name. To me it's like selling a Ford Fiesta as a Ferrari, just because I've stuck a Ferrari badge onto it, complete misrepresentation.

Unfortunately it's almost certain that nothing will come of this. The networks will continue to be allowed to use the term unlimited, then put in tiny small text that there's a "Fair Use Policy" which isn't very fair.

I did see the program, and it was somewhat hilarious when the people from the network went completely silent at the "Unlimited" part being questioned as limited. They were trying to think of any way to get out of saying that there was a limit :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Contract with Three, They don't advertise the text as 'Unlimited', I get 5,567 Free texts (Even though It's advertised at 5,000 texts) !!

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|