Laa v Very

laalinz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember off hand how old it is........3 or 4 years.

Didn't CCA them as they sent me that offer to pay at 0% APR and I was just going to take them up on that, but I started to smell a rat (so to speak) when they kept insisting that I had to phone them to take them up on their payment plan.

I have sent a SAR to VERY three days ago by recorded delivery :-)

I'm in a similar position as you too, My BNPL have now all come in and the interest alone is staggering.

Charged me £150 interest just on 2 items and now its on my account more interest each month.

Very (pun not intended) interested to see they offered you a 0% repayment plan, would suit me perfectly.

Time to get writing to them and see what they say.

George

P.S

Watching with interest

you both need to carefully look at reclaiming unlawful charges & p'haps mis-sold PPI? before paying ANYTHING off these cat debts, esp if they have no CCA.

although no cca or an un-en one, puts you in a position to stop payments, it doesn't 'wipe the debt out' and they may trash your CRA file .

investigate the above.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Latest developments,

email I sent them :

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have emailed and requested on numerous occasions a payment plan and all relevant paperwork to set this payment plan up from yourself and I am always told the same 'I need to ring you'

No explanation is offered for this. I require that all communication for you is to be made in writing and I find your request for telecommunications only regarding this matter unfair behaviour on your part.

Unless I receive all paperwork regarding this payment plan in the post within the next seven days I will contact FSA about your comments regrading only been able to set this payment plan up over the telephone.

I look forward to hearing from you and recieving this paperwork within the next seven days.

The response that I recieved today from Very:

Thank you for your account enquiry.

Due to the nature of this reduced payment plan we will need to verbally convey the process to you to ensure you have a full understanding

If preferable I can contact you.

Please let me know as soon as possible

Kind Regards

Joanne Wilkes

Very.co.uk customer services team

Letter received from NDR Money today.

Dated 20th September 2010.

Dear....................

We want to help you

We wrote to you recently to advise you of your outstanding balance on your Very account. According to our records, we have still not recieved full payment of (this is massively increased with all the chargers) nor have we agreed an acceptable repayment plan for this debt. You must contact us on blah blah blah to discuss repayment.

If you do nothing

Our client will issue a Satutory Default Notice which will request full payment of your arrears within 14 days. If you do not pay within the 14 days, it will result in a default being registered on your file at one or more Credit Refrence Agencies, which could affect your ability to gain further credit elsewhere for six years.

You can aviod this

Please contact us immediately on blah blah to pay the outstanding amount or to discuss a repayemnt plan to get your account back on track.

Yours sincerely

Joe Gash

Nationanwide Debt Recovery Manager

I have SAR them, shall I CCA them aswell?

std phishing letter

ignore them

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have today recieved

• Notice of default sums under the Consumer Credit Act for and
  • Notice of Sums in Arrears under the Comsumer Credit Act 1974 letters.

Both dated the 18th Sep yet the last written communication from NDR dated the 20th Sep stated that I had 14 before the default would be issued.

They seem to be stepping things up following my SAR request.

default sum notice means nowt - its just a posh way of telling you they have unlawfully levied a fee on your A/C

notice of sums in arrears - again just crap, means nothing, other than a posh letter to tell you you owe us.

neither need be responded too.

'bout time you put in a reclaim!

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

I have today recieved my SAR request from Very. No Credit Agreement enclosed.

Rather complicated pages of lists. Will take a bit os sorting out with regard to chargers. Don't make it easy for you do they lol. Where would I find the spreadsheet that could help me work out theses chargers? A little new to this. Do I add interest onto the chargers that they have added to my account?

Thank you

you add int at THEIR RATE, from the date of each charge to the date of your claim

use:

http://www.egalegal.com/compoundWindow.html

rests=12

dx

and they

yes

dx

and they

Been struck down with a stomach bug. So haven't managed to go through my VERY paperwork yet. Will start in putting them onto a spreadsheet tonight.

Have started recieveing telephone calls from NDR again they are 'urgent' apparently.

Ok have sat down and worked it all out:

Chargers equal £180.00 with 39.9% interest from the date of first charge = £95.99

£95.99 + £180.00 = £275.99 is this correct?

Some of my SAR information is missing such as a signed credit agreement. What do you think my next step should be. Ask for signed credit agreement or refund of charges, it doesn't seem like i have had PPI added to this account but with just my statements been sent to me there is no way of telling this.

Thanks

Edited by laalinz
typo

n o

each charge from the date it was levied

dx

and they

Think I got it this time. Charges are 204 (missed a few) interest from date it was levid works out at £39.94 at 39.9% APR.

Do I now send them a letter requesting this back?

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER:

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to Administration, are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £204.00 plus £39.94 which you have charged me in interest for the sums which you have taken. Total £243.94

Additionally, you have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you, or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above, I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require repayment in full of this money and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest, plus my costs, without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Will this do?

still dont think thats right

are you adding 39.9% for each charge individualyl from the date they charged it from - to the date of your claim?

each will be diff figure

dx

and they

still not right

you've got to do it for each and every charge individually

not as one

dx

and they