Incredible Problem with funds transfer

meditek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4992 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 24th August I asked to transfer $7,500 to my US bank account as we shall be going next week for 2-3 months and I needed to pay for the house rental. The money is still not in my US account and I am now in financial difficulties at that end. It is now 16 days and the transfer is usually there in about 3 working days.

The only contact I have had any 'success' with is in India. They give me various reference numbers and tell me that I will be called back which I never am. Yesterday, I insisted on speaking to a supervisor. He told me the money was with my bank and gave me a PEP reference. I spoke to the Assistent Vice-president of my US bank and he told me that there was no trace of such a reference or transfer in their system. One bank is now blaming the other. I shall be speaking again today.

What more can I do? I put a complaint into Barclays over 5 days ago but have heard nothing. Every time I try and speak to anyone at Barclays they put me through to India. I need the money yesterday. Can I insist that they pay me themselves and sort out the problem in their time? Whatever, cancellation is looming and I shall lose a lot of money which I cannot claim on insurance. This is a nightmare. I haven't really slept for a week.

Hi Meditek.

In such cases, it often turns out to be human error putting a wrong digit for the recipient bank account or sort code.

You need to see a copy of the transfer order to check for such errors.

Was the transfer ordered by phone or at a branch.

Who did you send your complaint to at Barclays. You need to get a contact email address or phone number so you can speak to the same person each time and avoid the call centres.

See here - http://ask.barclays.co.uk/templates/barclays/seo/resultsPage?moduleID=&topicID=&groupID=faqs&nlpq=i+want+to+complain+about+a+failed+international+payment&kb=&x=41&y=12

8-)

Edited by slick132
wrong link

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

The details are correct. I have a copy of the form. I used the telephone.

I put in a complaint via email about 10 days ago. It seems they have to reply in writing I'm told.

It would seem the initial foul up was that the US now require to know the use for the money and nobody asked me until I phoned to find out where the money was on the 30th August.

The money apparently is at Barclays USA awaiting action.

If I don't hear from them today I shall approach the other complaints methods.

Thanks for the help.

You're welcome.

Please keep us updated on this.

8-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

On Friday I receieved a written response from Christy Cooper. It said nothing except to phone her which I did. Basically, she hadn't a clue and I was no further ahead when I put the phone down. 5 minutes later she phoned back to tell me the funds would be transferred that day. They have been. The problem is solved. However, one thing is very clear. Barclays UK and Barclays USA have a terrible system of communication and Barclays USA use a different response timescale measured in weeks. Look out because Diamond the Barclays US boss is taking over the boss job in the UK next year!!! I have been with Barclays for 50 years and am ready to change to a more personal experience if such a thing exists. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
Yup, Keep all your money under the mattress. :lol:

Glad to hear you got this sorted.

:-)