EPC - Energy Performance Certificate via Express-EPC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4660 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A local inspector came and did mine, cheaper than Express-EPC and i paid him when i received the certificate. Now just to get my money back from the other muppets.

Perhaps this is the answer

New Series of BBC 1's Don't Get Done, Get Dom

02075987312 Consumer champion Dominic Littlewood is back for another series of the BBC show Don't Get Done Get Dom. Have you been treated unfairly by a company or organisation? Maybe you’ve tried complaining, but feel like you’re getting nowhere – or perhaps you don’t know where to begin? Dom wants to help you. call 0207 598 7312 at flame tv

I saw an email on another forum where Express-EPC have emailed their employees and admitted they are in a mess and are fighting a losing battle to sort out their accounts ! Im going to email them and suggest that get some external help in, i imagine the office where they are based must look like a kindergarten or a chimps tea party

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that Express-EPC have gone but a company called EPCNOW have popped up in their place, same address, same style website, im guessing i wont be getting my money back from the previous company. Is there a law that stops people closing down a company and then restarting another straight away leaving a host of debts behind?

Beware epcnow !

• 1 month later...

Get onto Trading Standards...i have a complaint and reference number allready logged with them, and will call to update them on these blaggarts!

Veester

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful." -- Joshua J. Marine‏ ;)

Better than the truth itself is truthful living.

I am a DEA and those annoying reverse auction people known as Express-EPC appear to have reinvented themselves as a company called 'Next Day EPC' they have started to send out the same type of unsolicited reverse emails to DEAs that are on the Landmark register.

However much they try to disguise them selves its the same 'Modus Operandi' an authentic looking postal address which is really a mail forwarding company, this time its Hollybank House Old Wareham Road Beacon Hill Poole, BH16 6AQ. The photo shown of 'their' premises on the web page does not match with what I can see on Google street view.

They also now use one of the pricey non-geographical phone numbers. 0844 870 9218

As can be read on this forum many DEAs have carried out work and not been paid, I have also passed on information to trading standards.

There is also an official site called 'Action Fraud' which can be used to report fraud.

I recently ordered and EPC via NextDayEPC. I had to send a follow up email but the assessor visited and the certificate arrived within about a week. HOWEVER - today I go an email from then saying their payment service (NOCHEX) no longer took visa payments. I should have had an email saying my refund was on the way, and I needed to get CLEARED funds to them in 48 hours! Bank details were given. It also said my EPC would be invalid if payment wasn't made.

I did nothing as payment had left my account and this sounded dodgy to me. A few hours later I got a plain text message purporting to be from NOCHEX which was oddly worded but SEEMED to be saying a refund had been sent to my card and should clear in 4 - 5 days.

Needless to say, I won't be sending any money to NextDay EPC! Others watch out for this variation on a theme.

• 1 month later...

ref post below: I wonder if the DEA was paid? would be interesting to know, although I can't believe by now, why any DEA would carry out work from a reverse auction that is so obviously the same company as before.

Also the request for a client to send further cleared funds sounds a new twist thats of concern.

I recently ordered and EPC via NextDayEPC. I had to send a follow up email but the assessor visited and the certificate arrived within about a week. HOWEVER - today I go an email from then saying their payment service (NOCHEX) no longer took visa payments. I should have had an email saying my refund was on the way, and I needed to get CLEARED funds to them in 48 hours! Bank details were given. It also said my EPC would be invalid if payment wasn't made.

I did nothing as payment had left my account and this sounded dodgy to me. A few hours later I got a plain text message purporting to be from NOCHEX which was oddly worded but SEEMED to be saying a refund had been sent to my card and should clear in 4 - 5 days.

Needless to say, I won't be sending any money to NextDay EPC! Others watch out for this variation on a theme.

• 2 months later...

Thank you to you all, without this I too would have fallen victim to the NextDay EPC lot, I was just about to pay when I thought lets find out a bit more about these people and I found this thread and then abandoned the transaction.

Then this morning I received a text message from a local EPC assessor saying they had passed on my details to him, so I told him why I cancelled and that I had found this site, it turns out he has also had a bad experience from Express EPC and Next day EPC had promised they are not the same company, so I have advised him to look on here and steer clear of them, I hope he hasn't done much work for them already.

So just another BIG THANK YOU to you all, you have saved me the agro, I just hope you all get your money back and the robbing s*ds get some karma for their just deserts!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if express epc is now nextday epc but be careful as nextday epc are clever as in my opinion they are showing pages where dea's have been paid and another page showing bad dea's. You can easily run up £200 that they owe you, but every so often they pay 1 or 2 invoices to keep you slightly happy and this appears on their forum as paid invoices to make everyone thinking of joining it is ok and then if you complain about the rest of the money owed then they can treaten to blacklist you on their site - also you will have incurred lodgement fees that you cannot then pay out and you will be in trouble

This is my personal opinion having worked for them and I will now probably leave the industry

There have probably been no effective complaints made to Trading Standards about them, because when a business changes its name and/or office address regularly, the local council's Trading Standards dept will be moving too slowly to keep abrest of the problem.

A good way to spot a fraudster is through changes of address: they typically move from one local authority district to another, so that the trading standards dept of Council A has no jurisdiction, because by the time it gets off its backside the fraudster is operating instead in a different local authority district. This is particularly common in London, with so many different LBC districts in such a small area.

So if you observe that pattern of behaviour, chances are that the culprit is a fraudster.

Is there a law that stops people closing down a company and then restarting another straight away leaving a host of debts behind?

It requires a prosecution, usually for the offence of trading on whilst insolvent, to obtain a court order disqualifying the individual from acting as a company director.This is often impossible to obtain; and, if obtained, is impossible to enforce because the wife/girlfriend/mother of the individual will then be used to front the operation instead. Criminals are very ingenious.

• 2 months later...

Looks like Express/NextDay are now calling themselves 'assessordirect' (google Cheap EPC & they are in the AD's);

The new Website is exact copy of the NextDay one & the registered address is also the same: AssessorsDirect, Hollybank House Old Wareham Road Beacon Hill Poole, BH16 6AQ.

To my reckoning Mr Whatcott has changed his company name 7 times in 2 years. Isnt there an official body to stop companies and people like this just leaving a trail of chaos behind them?

Come on authorities, sort yourselves out and bring companies like these to accountant.

Why not write to the Trading Standards department of the District Council in Poole, Dorset?

Contact Dorset police - the 5cambusters.

You might also write to Companies House in Cardiff.

You might also write to the BBC at BBC Rip Off Britain.

If you lodge an actual complaint about Mr Whatcott, alleging sharp practice in connection with his possibly fraudulent habit of repeatedly changing his trading name, hiding behind a succession of limited companies, naming all the companies, and giving an outline of your reasons for objecting, they would have to investigate.

In my opinion, it looks like fraud; but of course there might be an innocent explanation.

Edited by Ed999

• 1 month later...

I am owed by this lot but gave up as i could not get an address-can you lt me know the address that you got a responce from ,i'd be most grateful Duncan

Hi all,

Just to let you know I have now received my £39.95 full refund!! Took a bit of work and I had to send them a recorded delivery letter and then I got the we will refund £19.95 email like veester but I disputed this and they have now fully refunded me. So keep at it and hopefully it'll pay off!

I ended up getting my EPC done from a local company costing me £50 but it just goes to show that cheapest is not the best! Good luck everyone