CSL Sofa Shield Insurance

adamrao
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Apologies if someone had already posted and got replies for same issue.

Few days ago I went to local CSL sofa store. After a little search I chose a four-seated sofa and asked the salesman to help me with the sale. I was told that the sofa is on 50% sale and the delivery is free. The salesman also told me that I would need to buy the 5 year Sofa Shield cover for £160 (any damage) which was optional. I was given the impression that was the only way to get the sofa warranty for 5 years. So I decided to buy the sofa with the damage cover and signed the 4 year no interest agreement.

Couple of days ago I received an email from CSL telling me that my sofa will be delivered in next few days and I can check my order status on CSL website by signing in to 'My Account' link. So I logged in to CSL and discovered that the offer already included FREE 5 years guarantee and also on the top of that I 'chose' to buy additional cover (Sofa Shield). Actually I was never told by the salesman that the original price already included free 5 years warranty of any structural damage.

I am just wondering if the 5 years warranty was part of the actual sofa price why I was pushed to buy the additional cover.

I still await the delivery of the sofa but I really want to cancel this additional cover which I dont need. I understand that I have signed the agreement and if I ring CSL they would not listen to me.

Is there anything I could do to cancel the cover but still buy the sofa? I feel like I was kept in dark about the FREE 5 YEARS warranty and pushed to buy the Sofa Shield cover.

Many thanks in advance.

Adam

Edited by adamrao

:-|Impossible is I'M Possible:lol:

If you think the advice given is useful then show your appreciation by clicking on the scales.

probably sold on commission to him.

simply contact them and cancel the additional insurance, you are within your rights to do so.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice dx.

I'll do this first thing on Tuesday morning. I was just worried they wont care about what I am gonna ask them as read about people's experience with other sofa stores.

Thanks again.

:-|Impossible is I'M Possible:lol:

If you think the advice given is useful then show your appreciation by clicking on the scales.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Essentially CSL Sofa shield 5 year guarantee is pointless if you already have household insurance. It covers only accidental damage. Though you may believe it covers the fabric of the sofa, it does not. Look at the small print. That's what the customer service will tell you what you should have done if you have to make a claim were there is fair wear and tear. Holes such as in a leather suite caused by body or head movement are not covered. So unless you plan to stab the suite or pour a tin of paint over it you have no claim. But of course that would be covered by your standard household policy already. Customers services say, you should have read the small print, you had the right to cancel and we could not intrude to ask if you had a policy already that covered such incidents.