I need help with a wee project...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OT but to Bookworm whose off to Paris.

As you are visiting Paris --there are plenty of of bars in Chatelet --Metro 1 near Hotel de Ville-- CHEAP beer (normally around 6 EUR a pint !!! but happy hour 3.50 EUR). If you like footie --The Bowler bar rue Artois near the Champs elysee- go down rue du Berri and its off that street -- SKY / ESPN / CANAL PLUS so all the footie / rugby etc you want.

Another great place is the Bombardier with DRAUGHT beer -- it's near the Pantheon. English staff AND FOOD like Bangers and mash etc with the same sort of sport selection --only drawback is that as the owners are Lancastrians there tend to be a lot of Man utd fans.

Enjoy the atmosphere for a while and ignore the DCA's until you get back home.

Cheers

jimbo

Edited by jimbo45

LOL, thanks Jimbo, but as a (French) lady who's off with hubby celebrating their 16th wedding anniversary, I couldn't think of anything worse than just about everything you've just described, sorry! :lol:

No, for us, it's going to be a little hotel in Montmartre, champagne picnics, quaint little restaurants and museums, Orsay and le Sacre-Coeur, le moulin de la Galette and Notre-Dame, le Louvre and the Quartier Latin. :-)

Thanks anyway. :-)

Are these companies that have no legal right to collect money off you ?

I've had letters off a couple of the above companies (fredericksons and lowell spring to mind) but they never say who the debt is for. I did agree to pay one but then forgot to pay.

Haven't heard from anyone in a while. ;)

posted in error see below

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

Links

Links to commercial website removed by Site Team.

sorry about duplicaion but a great find, all with links

great list but all links do Not go to companies in question. REPORTED AS SPAM

Edited by ScarletPimpernel
Remove commercial links

thx.

dirty barstools CMC masquerading as a debt management company site in order to get people to fill out online personal details in the off chance they can match them with debtors on there books or sell on the info.

Now that is low, real low.

Just shows what we are dealing with and how desperate they have become.

There must be OFT rule for a that

No, for us, it's going to be a little hotel in Montmartre, champagne picnics, quaint little restaurants and museums, Orsay and le Sacre-Coeur, le moulin de la Galette and Notre-Dame, le Louvre and the Quartier Latin. :-)

Thanks anyway. :-)

Oh that sounds heavenly, can I come, I will be discreet and carry your luggage?

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Couldn't see:

Regal Credit Consultants Ltd

EOS Solutions Ltd

Credit Security Limited

I'd also add a few links:

RBS - Triton - Green & Co Solicitors

Moorcroft - Midas Legal Services

Nationwide - KPR Debt Collection

Wescot - Nelson Guest & Partners Solicitors - Credit Security Limited

aics.jpg

csls.jpg

greensols.jpg

iqor.jpg

kprd.jpg

midas.jpg

ngsols.jpg

regal.jpg

scotcall.jpg

triton.jpg

wescot.jpg

Edited by sickboy
reference no! oops

I am such a computer biff!

th_scan0001-1-1.jpg

th_scan0002-1.jpg

th_scan0003-1.jpg

th_scan0004.jpg

th_scan0005.jpg

th_scan0006.jpg

th_scan0007.jpg

th_scan0008.jpg

th_scan0009.jpg

th_scan0010.jpg

th_scan0011.jpg

th_scan0012.jpg

th_scan0013.jpg

th_scan0014.jpg

Robbers way, itchy farrelly muck hall, and Really Can't Spell to follow..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

sickboy, the brightly coloured postcard from Allied in post 34. Did that come in a separate envelope or was it sent through the post like that ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would say that almost all of the above contravene OFT debt collection guidelines, simply because they are making threats that only the Original Creditor / owner of the account, can take.

If there is a dispute on the account then I am certain they cant take those steps either.

Moorcroft state in some of their "Pre litigation" correspondence, that they "have confirmed with a Major Utility supplier" that you live at the address to which they (Moorcroft) have been communicating and receiving correspondence. I think that a statement like that could leave them open to complaint with the ICO.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We CAGgers can see where these DCA's fail miserably in upholding, or in fact even using the OFT's DC guidelines, maybe bookie could forward all of these missives onto the OFT in a CAG 'Portfolio' to investigate............again!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

sickboy, the brightly coloured postcard from Allied in post 34. Did that come in a separate envelope or was it sent through the post like that ?

Hi CB :-)

The card from AIC came in an envelope. It was the only correspondance that they sent me. Other than that it was several calls a day and voice messages left later in the evening.

Here's some cards from Fredricksons aka Bryan Carter:

carterw.jpg

Triton warning that the debt will be referred to them:

[/url]triton2.jpg

Edited by sickboy
images were too big

Thanks guys, I am spoilt for choice!!! :-D

Ok, I'm back, but will need tomorrow to recover, and Monday school starts again, so hopefully I'll be able to start my dummies' guide to DCAs some time next week. I'll post here with a link when it's ready and maybe you'll be kind enough to comment or tell me what I have missed on this thread here. :-)

Thank you all for your help. :-D

Here's a few more regarding the mysterious doorstep debt collector.

I thought it's worth noting how they appear to ask you to call to arrange for an agent to call. There's a couple of letters which lie and state that an agent has been knocking on the door and left calling cards.

The first three are roughly a week apart and the last two about three. Ignored as they are acting on behalf of a DCA who can't even get the OC correct! :violin:

In date order:

csl01.jpg

csl02.jpg

csl03.jpg

csl04.jpg

csl05.jpg

That first missive is class, "we DEMAND" :yawn:

Demand away morons, you clearly do not live on the same planet...they don't arf like to make themselves sound special with their s****y Debt enforcement office and Field operations unit, do you think BD17 is their callsign for when they knock on your door?

"Hullo Delta Bravo 17 to base, I am at the address but have been handed a letter with words on it, am unable to read writing can you assist over?"