Suing bank in Small Claims Court specified or unspecified claim?

Dan99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5021 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. Sorry about the long message: Following an Employment Tribunal I have had a very bad experience with a bank mishandling several third party debt orders (Garnishees). They repeated the same serious mistakes (failing to find an account, cheque for the wrong amount, late payments) and also ignored emails, lost or ignored letters, etc. They virtually held me to ransom - to agree to the paltry compensation before they pay me what I was owed due to their own errors. After taking a great deal of time and effort to prepare my case for the FOS (as directed by the Bank), the FOS say they cannot deal with claims against a bank if I do not have an account with them! The C.A.B first said I'm very likely to win my case, then retracted because I don't have an account with the bank. Now I am taking my case to the Small Claims Court.

I wonder if anyone else who has been in this situation can advise whether I should specify an amount I want in compensation (resources, time, refund of bank fees) or make it 'unspecified' - leaving it to the judge to decide. Are judges 'generous' in these cases? Do reasonable sums get awarded for stress and inconvenience? If someone knowledgeable in these matters is willing to read my 'particulars of claim' (about 2 pages) and offer advice I would be grateful. It is a shocking read of an endless succession of mistakes and extremely bad service.

Regards, Dan